Three Films - A game for AVForums members

Marc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i've come up with an idea for a simple yet fun game for forum members to take part in. I call it Three Films and the idea is to name three films which are in some way connected, be it through a shared event in each film, a shared actor, director, producter, or any other type of connection you can think of.

The person who correctly guesses the connection first takes the next turn.

My only suggestions would be to avoid using Adult titles or recent Cinema releases if possible, as their audience is considerably narrower.

To start you all off, what connects these three films?

House Of Wax (2005) > Wolf Creek > Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Australia?

nope, as far as i know only Wolf Creek was set in Australia ;)

I just couldn't resist. :rotfl:

Fellowship of the Ring > The Two Towers > The Return of The King

BTW, ignore my post and continue with the game from above

All 2005 releases????

tris

Marc said:
Hi guys,

i've come up with an idea for a simple yet fun game for forum members to take part in. I call it Three Films and the idea is to name three films which are in some way connected, be it through a shared event in each film, a shared actor, director, producter, or any other type of connection you can think of.

The person who correctly guesses the connection first takes the next turn.

My only suggestions would be to avoid using Adult titles or recent Cinema releases if possible, as their audience is considerably narrower.

To start you all off, what connects these three films?

House Of Wax (2005) > Wolf Creek > Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

They are all a load of old rubbish?:D

Sorry;)

nero0410 said:
All 2005 releases????

tris

they are, but the answer's a little bit more difficult than that ;)

All true stories. :)

All three involve people getting body parts chopped off???

robbleiper said:
All three involve people getting body parts chopped off???

i think i'll give you that one, my actual answer was that someone gets their finger(s) chopped off in all three films but that's close enough :)

highlight below for actual scenes involving the loss of fingers..

House Of Wax -
When Carly tries to alert her boyfriend that she's trapped in the basement, she pokes her finger up through a drain cover at which point one of the killers snips it off with some cutters

Wolf Creek -
When one of the girls tries to defend herself against the maniac slashing her with a hunting knife, she loses several fingers

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang -
When Harry comes round to apologise to Harmony for sleeping with her best friend, she slams the door on his hand, severing one of his fingers

Marc said:
i think i'll give you that one, my actual answer was that someone gets their finger(s) chopped off in all three films but that's close enough :)

highlight below for actual scenes involving the loss of fingers..

House Of Wax -
When Carly tries to alert her boyfriend that she's trapped in the basement, she pokes her finger up through a drain cover at which point one of the killers snips it off with some cutters

Wolf Creek -
When one of the girls tries to defend herself against the maniac slashing her with a hunting knife, she loses several fingers

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang -
When Harry comes round to apologise to Harmony for sleeping with her best friend, she slams the door on his hand, severing one of his fingers

Would have to be honest and say I guessed... have only seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Robert Downey Jr gets his finger cut off twice if I recall. The first time by getting it caught in a door...

With house of wax and wolf creek being horrors, there had to be people in them getting their limbs lobbed off!!!!

well done anyway ;) it's your turn now, what can you come up with?

Forgot to add, there's two triple connections for you to spot.

Correct - eagle-eyed viewers will have spotted Bill's brief appearance in Commando.

So what's the other triple conection???

Nebby said:
Correct - eagle-eyed viewers will have spotted Bill's brief appearance in Commando.
Where? I know he was in Terminator, but don't remember seeing him in Commando :confused:

(BTW, is the other link James Cameron?)

Bill puts in a very brief appearance as a naval radio or radar operator, towards the end of the movie.

And no, the other connection is not James Cameron.

James Horner composed the music for the 3 movies. :lesson:

Going back to the first one, you could, of course, have also included The Burning, for finger chopping. :lesson:

Okay, heres another one.....

War of the Worlds (2005) > High Fidelity > Austin Power: TSWSM

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom