Three days with the Wii

hutch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the initial little problem of the Wiimote being a bit too senitive and having to mess about with the settings a few times I can say that I am extremely impressed with the Wii.

Zelda is quite possibly the most enjoyable gaming experience I have ever had.

Wii Sports and Wii Play have been hammered this weekend by my girlfriend and other members of our family who NEVER play videogames - I think that proves a point. My Dad was panning me on tennis within 20 minutes and I consider myself a seasoned gamer :eek:

Monkeyball and Rayman are both fantastic :D I can honestly say that after an hour on Rayman with my brother yesterday I felt like I had just stepped out of the gym and it has had me in stitches with its amazing humour :rotfl:

I really think Nintendo have nailed it with this and its going to be a huge success. Out of the 6 people who came round to play it this weekend every single one said they were going to get one.

I havent enjoyed gaming this much for a long time, and the fact I havent logged on to this board all weekend speaks volumes :thumbsup:

Yes im sold also,

Im considering wearing full camo and paint and not returning home until i have one:suicide:

not paying electronic bay prices however

i believe the 'e' in ebay stands for extortionate (sp?)

Whats Rayman like?

Is it loads of mini-games or something?

Yeah it's great, I'd describe it as Mario Party but without the annoying board.

The mini games are great, whether it be cow tossing, tracing objects or just awesome on the rails shooting, rayman has it all!

Def one of mine and my girlfriend's favourites.

My wife who NEVER plays video games has been playing Wii sports all weekened and I've heard her on the phone telling friends how great it is.

I think Nintendo are on to something here with reaching out to non-gamers.

Also, my 8 year old daughter loves it.

Zelda is great too.

RDB :)

Yeah it's great, I'd describe it as Mario Party but without the annoying board.

The mini games are great, whether it be cow tossing, tracing objects or just awesome on the rails shooting, rayman has it all!

Def one of mine and my girlfriend's favourites.

How does the 4 player work?

Are you playing with or against each other?

I think it's pretty good. But I have to admit - I thought they'd have better 1:1 control. The number of golf shots I've taken without it registering them, and then it sometimes takes the shot when I'm doing it the opposite way.

As a test I started baseball and moved the bat around - I imagined having a swordfight like that - it would have been absolutely rubbish - lag/stuttering/etc.

So I think the main games are going to be limited to gesture games and pointer games. So far the pointer has been good in Zelda - definitely preferable to GC, but I'm not so sure once the action hots up and I'm panicking with other buttons/etc. I guess Metroid will be the test for this.

the golf game is made to be left and right handed, thus why you always point down, then hold a

ive never had a problem with baseball either. These are just basica demos as to how the system can work, its up to the writers to make it work better

How does the 4 player work?

Are you playing with or against each other?

Yeah against each other (I think there is a co-op mode too, but not tried that yet). A lot of the games you take it to see who threw the furthest, who shot the most etc, but also you do have split screen for some of the games.

On the back of the box it says there are 75 mini games with 35 movements, so some of the games are the same but just differ slightly (there's one where you have to beat in time with music, and later on in the main game, this mini game has harder faster music)

This, Wii Sports and Super Monkey Ball all make for great mulitplayer games.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom