Three Days of the Condor (1975) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.com - WowHD

Release date: 29/08/2023 (US)

TDotC_4K (US).jpg

DISC 1 (4K UHD):
• Brand New 2023 HDR/Dolby Vision Master – From a 2023 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Audio Commentary by Director Sydney Pollack
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
DISC 2 (BLU-RAY):
• Brand New 2023 HD Master – From a 2023 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Audio Commentary by Director Sydney Pollack
• Something About Sydney Pollack: 2004 Documentary (59:05)
• More About the Condor: 2003 Featurette (24:56)
• Theatrical Trailers
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

(German Release) Link: Amazon.de

Release date: 06/05/2021 (DE)

TDotC_DE.jpg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Great cast. Great director.

Never seen it.:blush: Any good?:D

Great cast. Great director.

Never seen it.:blush: Any good?:D
If you like downbeat 70's conspiracy films its a must - and this one is my favourite of that particular genre. Also - if you are a Robert Redford / Faye Dunaway / Max Von Sydow fan its a must as well.

Looks like UK rights are with Paramount so I wouldn't bet on a UK release

Oh right. I thought the UK rights were with Studio Canal?

Can't say for sure but the back of the Eureka Blu has a Paramount logo on it and Amazon Video lists Paramount as the studio as well

Can't say for sure but the back of the Eureka Blu has a Paramount logo on it and Amazon Video lists Paramount as the studio as well

Yeah you're right, it was released by Eureka in 2016 under license from Paramount so yeah it'll be down to them if it is to get a release here then.

I know why I'm thinking Studio Canal - because I have a Nordic Studio Canal digibook (with slip!) from years ago. Not sure I want to part with it either so maybe I'll stick the disc inside that.

Super film. I'll check out the reviews before I buy on 4k blu-ray
I've got on bluray already.

Super film. I'll check out the reviews before I buy on 4k blu-ray
I've got on bluray already.
Yes it really taps in to the post WWII American mistrust of government which was at its zenith in the early 70s. I know the film well but watched it last night in blue for the first time. Would have waited for the 4K had I known.

thanks. That looks absolutely tremendous. I’m all over this . Fantastic film and the fact it’s StudioCanal is the best news. Day one.
Robert Redford at his best

thanks. That looks absolutely tremendous. I’m all over this . Fantastic film and the fact it’s StudioCanal is the best news. Day one.
Robert Redford at his best

It does, whilst of course it's only a compressed 1080p YT vid, you can certainly see it has potential!
Never seen the film before but that trailer sold it to me for sure!

It does, whilst of course it's only a compressed 1080p YT vid, you can certainly see it has potential!
Never seen the film before but that trailer sold it to me for sure!

It's a stone cold classic. Shame you didn't see it before Winter Soldier though, because that's where they got the framework (in no small part why WS is one of the best MCU entries), and why it's nice RR popped up in that too (I bet that's how they lured him in).

It's a stone cold classic. Shame you didn't see it before Winter Soldier though, because that's where they got the framework (in no small part why WS is one of the best MCU entries), and why it's nice RR popped up in that too (I bet that's how they lured him in).
Its way better than Winter bloody Soldier and yeah I did watch it in case anyone pipes up. My anti-Marvel bias probably didn't help mind! :D

Easily my favourite Robert Redford film.

Yeah you're right, it was released by Eureka in 2016 under license from Paramount so yeah it'll be down to them if it is to get a release here then.
So I was right about Studio Canal then after all! ;):rotfl:

How do you mean? The UK rights are still with Paramount.
StudioCanal are currently releasing this in France/Germany.
:confused: I'm still confused! But...at least I have seen the film ;)

Germany getting a standard edition in May.
OP updated.

Pulled the trigger on this with a few other movies from AmazonDe to save on some postage so came in a shave under £20 so not too bad. Fantastic movie in my opinion. I love it

This was another Christmas present. I'm watching now and PQ is jolly decent. Much better than the 4k bluray of clockwork orange I watched last night.

An excellent film. I'd already got the bluray but the 4k bluray is definitely a nice upgrade.

Recommended.

Nice was hoping for a better transfer after the under welcoming SC transfer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom