Quantcast

Three at the back then ?

John

Looks like Sven is going to be able to get out of another big decision .
He's got the perfect excuse now , See here

I wouldn't mind seeing 3atb ,but in a friendly , not a bloody qualifier :suicide:

John

Steven

Senior Moderator
Please. Sven has said 4-4-2 is what he knows best. He couldn't win with packed 4-5-1 formation

Besides Ferdinands form isn't good enough for 3 atb. Carragher? Dunno - not done it for Eng yet

Quote from Sven: "I've already chosen my 2"; that is out of Terry, Campbell and Ferdinand. If he has any sense he'd choose 1st 2

Rio's form has been poor. Being booed by own club fans for 2 games in a row shows how average his performances for Utd have been. Only a Roud + Rooney power show v Fulham spared his blushes

Before anyone says; its not 'cos he's a utd player. Clubs don't come into it as far as country is concerned. In fact club rivalries should be left in Prem, so hopefully Chelski + Kop boys are friends

Also, It should be Bent + Owen/Defoe by form

John

LFC_SL said:
Please. Sven has said 4-4-2 is what he knows best. He couldn't win with packed 4-5-1 formation
That was before Cole went home tho ' who is he going to play at LB now ?
With Cole and Neville injured , thats half the first choice back 4 gone , He could use it as another excuse .
I'm not saying I want it to happen , I'm just saying , inlight of Coles injury tonight , it might

John

Nebby

Novice Member
The team he will pick is as follows:

GK: Robinson
RB: Young
CB: Terry
CB: Ferdinand
LB: P Neville
RM: Beckham
CM: Gerrard
CM: Lampard
LM: Cole
CF: Crouch
CF: Owen

The Dude

Distinguished Member
If he picks crouch he'll get the sack, surely?

Even Benitez must be having those thoughts by now... :devil:

MikeK

Novice Member
Not when he's in such a rich vein of scoring form!!! :)

What is it about England and donkey centre forwards from Liverpool FC? :) :)

Watch him go and get a hat-trick now though - lol :)

mjn

Distinguished Member
Ferdiand is shocking at the moment! He makes Djimi Traore look like Thuram, and that saying something! Mind you, Campbell isn't world class either.

But Phil Neville at left back.....please.....how can there be no decent LB's around? Is Wayne Bridge not fit yet?

Steven

Senior Moderator
It'll be Stephen Warnock, Carragher or Phil Neville at LB

Inexperienced, competent not spectacular to playing atrociously for club. Take your pick

That Sven picked Phil Neville over Danny Murphy suggests we're all in for a rollercoaster ride on Saturday, let alone Wednesday

mrtbag

Novice Member
I'd go for Carragher or King at LB. Warnock may be ok, but I don't think these are the games to introduce him. Phil Neville? Noooooooooo.

The Dude

Distinguished Member
what happened to King?? he was a revelation in Portugal....??

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Keiron Richardson could be worth trying at LB .Gets forward well.AT CB Terry and Campbell who for me is the best stopper of the lot.AT CF ?????? Crouch??????There is a bloke down here Worthing FC who might do a better job

goldenvirginia

Standard Member
god lets hope this doesn't end badly haha.
link SoccerAM's presenter is doing a thing where you pop a guess at the result for england v poland and if you guess correct you win a fee psp

Steven

Senior Moderator
Richardson's defending has yet to be fully tested. Now isn't the time for it!

So prob Carragher or Phil Neville

Funny that Rio is in press today saying Sven should give him a chance. He admits he hasn't so far played at his own high standards. Personally I think dropping him is the best thing for him

After drugs episode, he played great, but got complacent, and maybe took his place for granted

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
LFC_SL said:
Richardson's defending has yet to be fully tested. Now isn't the time for it!

So prob Carragher or Phil Neville

Funny that Rio is in press today saying Sven should give him a chance. He admits he hasn't so far played at his own high standards. Personally I think dropping him is the best thing for him

After drugs episode, he played great, but got complacent, and maybe took his place for granted
Yes but neither of them is left footed nor for that matter Joe Cole . So who is going to cross the ball for Crouch' s craning neck? In which case he'll have to play instead of Cole but then Erikson is not one for gambles :mad:
I agree on Rio though

Steven

Senior Moderator
These rumours in todays papers better not be true about Sven already choosing Rio to partner Terry

The Dude

Distinguished Member
of course they're true... Becks likes Rio's haircut...

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
LFC_SL said:
These rumours in todays papers better not be true about Sven already choosing Rio to partner Terry
he has hios favourites :(

Steven

Senior Moderator
:rolleyes:

Lets switch our attention to up front. Who do you think should partner Owen? Personally Bent, 'cos he's on fire and confident

Defoe hasn't done it at international for some reason. Yes, Sven could give hime more play time. Crouch is well.....why did we get rid of Baros for him?