• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Three and iPad Data Deals

eddiethered

Established Member
In the past I read on here that people had been able to negotiate the £15pm 10GB rolling monthly deal down to £7.50pm. I phoned Three retentions and the best I could get them to offer was either £8pm 5GB on a 12 month contract or £11.99 5GB for a rolling monthly deal.

She was prepared to close the account with 30 days if I wanted and so it seemed I'd pushed her as far as she could go.

Has anyone managed anything better in recent times?

chukwe

Prominent Member
The best way to get a deal from 3 is sign up for the rolling monthly deal.

After few weeks, call 3 and tell them that you are canceling your contract because of bad network.

Then 3 customer service might offer you a deal

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
IMO, the best thing to do is get the 3 month/3 gig SIMs from somewhere like Amazon for about £7 each.

Works out to about £2.33 per month. :smashin:

eddiethered

Established Member
The best way to get a deal from 3 is sign up for the rolling monthly deal.

After few weeks, call 3 and tell them that you are canceling your contract because of bad network.

Then 3 customer service might offer you a deal
Thanks. That's what I did but only mentioned the cost not the signal.

bluevortex

Established Member
Azzin said:
IMO, the best thing to do is get the 3 month/3 gig SIMs from somewhere like Amazon for about £7 each.

Works out to about £2.33 per month. :smashin:

Could you provide a link please?

Considering an Ipad2 purchase soon but already on iPhone contract so don't want commit another £8-10/month on top.

Can anybody confirm using iphone4 to get a mobile signal is still possible?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member

granty_

Established Member

graemet

Established Member
I've just picked up a Three SIM for my iPad with the 1Gb @ £7.50 per month deal. I might try and give it a couple of months and try to get on the £8 p/m 5Gb deal as it sounds perfect for me :smashin:

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Folks,

I've just moved to Three's One Plan on a SIM Only deal for my iPhone, so I can now tether my iPad without fear of incurring extra costs/data caps! :D

The upshot of this is that I have a couple of 3 month/3 gig SIMs that I no longer need.

If anyone is interested in them, I'll put an ad up in the classifieds at cost price + postage. :)

Inotrope

Established Member
Buy and chop up the 3 dongle - got my 20Gb over 12 months for £49.99.

Think I'll get the 3gb/3 months in future as I don't use that much data.

broona

The upshot of this is that I have a couple of 3 month/3 gig SIMs that I no longer need.

If anyone is interested in them, I'll put an ad up in the classifieds at cost price + postage. :)

Could be very interested in both if you list them mate. :smashin:

duffer

Established Member
I picked up two 3 Italia sims for the iPad - 5 Euro per month rolling contract for 3gb of data - Super Internet.

Included in this tariff free of charge is the option 'All'estero come a casa' - which basically means 'abroad just like at home', which basically means you can use your allowance in any territory covered by 3, e.g. UK, HK, Oz, etc. just as if you are in Italy.

One I use here in Italy and the other I sent to my brother in the UK. Both working fine without any problems - topup via credit card. You just need a passport to pick one up - the sim costs 3 Euro and has 3 Euro worth of credit included. Top up at the same time.

Worth considering if you have friends in Italy or know someone popping over.

Only thing to consider is data roaming should be switched on, the APN is tre.it and you should manually choose 3 UK for the network.

Works a treat and much cheaper than UK tariffs for anyone who wants internet on the move!

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
I picked up two 3 Italia sims for the iPad - 5 Euro per month rolling contract for 3gb of data - Super Internet.

Included in this tariff free of charge is the option 'All'estero come a casa' - which basically means 'abroad just like at home', which basically means you can use your allowance in any territory covered by 3, e.g. UK, HK, Oz, etc. just as if you are in Italy.

One I use here in Italy and the other I sent to my brother in the UK. Both working fine without any problems - topup via credit card. You just need a passport to pick one up - the sim costs 3 Euro and has 3 Euro worth of credit included. Top up at the same time.

Worth considering if you have friends in Italy or know someone popping over.

Only thing to consider is data roaming should be switched on, the APN is tre.it and you should manually choose 3 UK for the network.

Works a treat and much cheaper than UK tariffs for anyone who wants internet on the move!

So this is an Italian 3 SIM, that lets you use it in other countries without incurring horrendous roaming charges? :eek:

Sounds super handy for trips abroad, I wonder if these can be bought on EBay?

duffer

Established Member
Yes but only the countries where 3 operates -

Austria, Australia, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Hong Kong and Sweden.

It's a fantastic deal.

Piano Internet 3 per iPad 2

OK it's in Italian but you get the gist! It says iPad 2 but it's valid for both, I got the Sims last November!

You could try picking one up on Ebay but there's an Italian law where you need to show ID to buy a SIM card.

Last edited:

duffer

Established Member
Thanks, do you know if they operate in Spain?

AFAIK they do not operate a network themselves in Spain but they have a preferred partner however you will get charged a fortune if you use your Italian 3 simcard there.

All I can confirm is that this deal has been around for a while - your allowance being usable in any other country covered by 3 - but vice versa it might not be the case. Your UK allowance cannot be used in Italy for example.

Ciao!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom