Three (3) Mobile & Cashback

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Machine Head, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any advice on the problem I'm having with 3 would be appreciated.
    Basically, I had a contract with 'Cool New Mobiles' that gave me cashback. Everything was going fine, I had recieved 3 cheques from them of £88 each, just 2 more to go. 3 then offered me a new deal, a very good one. Before accepting, I asked on several occasions, would this affect my cashbask? All along the line I was told by 3 no, it wouldn't. Guess what? Bang went my cashback, £176 light. Obviously, I got straight onto 3 and after over a month I am still being given the runaround. They are supposed to ring me at 4pm tomorrow, and I have threatened them with cancelling my contract and beginning county court proceedings against them for the recovery of my money. It seems to me that the indian call center opratives will do anything and promise anything to keep customers. Have any of you had problems like this and if so how did you resolve it?

To be honest, if I didn't get the money back the deal would still be very cheap for me, 750 mins X network anytime and 150 txts a month for under £15. But that's not the point. 3 have mislead me and I want my money back.

2. Sy1441

Sy1441

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Unfortunatly your in a bit of a legal grey area. We've had the same thing happen with people in cash-back deals. Im really not sure if you'll get your money back and im pretty sure trading standards wouldnt really side with anyone as 3 havent misquoted you on one of their products.

3. 3T3L1

3T3L1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    A lot of these deals do have clauses in that stop you changing tariff before you've claimed all of your cashback...looks like yours is one of them.

I don't think 3 can do anything as your network contract is through them and your cashback is with a third party AFAIK. Whoever told you about it not affecting your cashback is a liar though, you might be able to get some sort of a refund on that if they have a recording of that conversation.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to update, I know it's been a while, but I got all my money (£176) from 3:):thumbsup:

5. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
  6. davejerome

davejerome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As a Three employee well done does not cut it!

VERY Well done.

Your next christmas just came early!!!!!!!!!!