Thread Summary

Drd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My PC runs windows 7. When I place the cursor over a thread title I get a box appear on screen with the first few lines of the thread to give more information about the thread. I also have an HP laptop running windows 10. This is about 2 years old and has never given the intro to the thread when I place the cursor over the title. I assumed it was just a quirk of windows 10, but yesterday, for a few hours only, it was working. Now it's stopped again. I haven't altered any settings on the laptop, and it's not had any updates for at least a week!
Can anyone explain this as I would like to get the intro/summary on my laptop if it is available.
TIA

That is a feature of this particular site. What browser are you using?
If you're using edge on windows 10, try downloading chrome and see if that works.

As above, I would imagine that this is site programming rather than OS dependent. I'm on W10 & currently the tooltips only function on a thread I've previously opened but has new posts, in which case I'm offered a link to the first unread post. Same with FF & Edge. But I've certainly seen the previews that you mention on W10 before.

You could try posting in the feedback forum but don't expect much in the way of a response.

Last edited:
On W7 here and get the tool tips in IE and Chrome. Will see what happens on W10 at home.

Thanks guys. I'm using IE10 on 7 and edge on 10. I get the offer to go to first unread post on edge/10, but prefer the IE/7 offering. I have to admit to not liking chrome, I'd rather do without the function:(

Could always try with IE on windows 10 just to test whether it is edge that is responsible for not showing the thread preview.

I've just noticed that the banner abover pics to "click for full size" has also disappeared.

Last edited:
As if by magic it's all working again.

Doesn't that depend on the size of the original upload?

Doesn't that depend on the size of the original upload?
Yes but all the functions have returned for me today. Thread preview, alert preview & the full size pic banner.

You could still click on a reduced image to view it full res , just the the banner telling you was missing. I suspect someone has gone back & rechecked the box they unchecked... ;)

Curious. I've just received my laptop back from warranty repair with a fresh install of W10 on it & the preview functions are all missing again. :confused:

Cracked it!

It seems that if Xenforo detects a touch screen it automatically assumes that no mouse is present, & so disables mouseover functionality. My laptop does have a touch screen that I've now disabled in Device Manager > HID. But there are reports out there of touch being incorrectly reported by Windows & causing the same issue.

Incidentally this was also preventing mouseover for expanded pics on Ebay, but not on Amazon - odd. Why certain Windows 10 revisions allow this to work & not others I've no idea.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom