• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

thoughts on this

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
due to personal circumstances, i think i might need a slightly newer/safer car going forward.

whilst i am not in a position to spend tens of thousands, nor can i really afford to put down a large deposit and go for something on a PCP, i am thinking of getting another civic type r (had an EP3 previously, now looking at the FN2). I have grown to like the look of the FN2 more and more. Also, they are fairly bullet proof, chain driven (no cambelt issues), and handle pretty well.

what are people's thoughts on this? it seems a little over book value according to parkers, but then again it is quite a bit under average mileage.

Used Honda Civic I-Vtec Type R Gt (2008) | Norfolk Cars -

IronGiant

Bootiful, it's real Bootiful...

un1eash

Distinguished Member
Try and go for an April 2010 or newer as this is when an lsd was fitted as standard.

MJC UK

Have you considered a lease, rather than PCP? For around £200pm and £600 initial payment you could get a brand new car

kryton85

I know someone with a Championship one that's about to go for sale. He's got a new one on order which I think is due soon so will find out the details for you. It's also in Norfolk if that's the area you are looking at

kryton85

Just had a reply

Hi ya mate I reckon I can get between 8.5k to 9k for the type r it's got 74k on the clock new rear breaks fitted in march with warranty till 2019 plus mot till April 2018. Car is immaculate

Has got the red interior you don't like but does suit the red. Let me know if you want his details & will message you his number

D

Deleted member 27989

From the pictures it looks like a stunner to me. The proof with any performance car is how it is mechanically...I like it...

gibbsy

That does look good. Worth a visit for sure. One of the most fun cars I ever owned was the Type R's forerunner the 160bhp Civic VTi.

IronGiant

I've often wondered whether anyone on here has ever been gazumped by a fellow member :devil:

kryton85

August at the earliest according to dealers I've spoken to.
Also no discounts available. :(
Yep, I was out with him Saturday night and was talking about this. His is early September now apparently so he's going to advertise his & if it sells, he will be driving his mums 1.0 Nissan micra auto until it arrives. He lives close to his work so if that was the available car, I think I would rather walk lol

I have no idea what he paid so no idea if any discount. He's not the best negotiators in the world by any stretch of the imagination so won't be suprised if he got caught with his pants down even if you could get a discount

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Had a FN2 good motor but the ride is very hard. If your Mrs (or you) have large breasts they'll be doing some bouncing around ;). Seats are also a pita if anyone gets in the rear as they don't go back to where they were. Ended up getting rid of mine due to every idiot wanting to race me. Check the paint work as Honda paint is/was very soft so soon picked up stone chips.

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
Did you buy it sheriff?

I haven't been up to see it yet. I absolutely love the look of the car, but only found out today that it doesn't have an aux in point, which may not seem a big issue, but due to the lack of a dab radio in there, the signal round here is rubbish, so I like to plug my phone in and listen to Spotify or my iTunes library. Aux in only came in early to mid 2009 cars onwards.

Trouble is I still really like it.

But have since found this one, which is only £500 more but is a 2010 reg, and comes with the aux, LSD, sat Nav and lower mileage. Although for some reason there are no interior shots.
Used Honda Civic Hatchback 2.0 I-vtec Type R Gt Hatchback 3dr in Bedford, Bedfordshire | Ampthill Road Car Sales

Then there is this, as a bit of a curveball - it's the facelift and the level of kit looks impressive. Although parkers car valuation seems to suggest it is only worth about £7k - so might be massively over priced? (And it is bloody miles from me!!)

Used Seat Leon Hatchback 2.0 Tsi Cupra 5dr in Colne, Lancashire | East Lancashire Car Centre

DOBLY

Search Approved Cars

select advanced search, remove the models you don't want, add in year of registration range 2009-2012? - that should give you 3 results (currently), all of which have a similar (but more expensive) asking price to the one you posted about above.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

kryton85

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom