Thoughts on the PDP-LX6090? (considering buying one)

Ireland

I know someone selling one, but I'd like to hear your guys thoughts first.

I will be upgrading from a 2006 PDP-427XD. I'm not looking for a comparison with my current TV, I've seen the LX6090 in person. Would you guys just buy it if you could afford it or what would you do?

And what do you think of this TV in general?

And I see that the KRP-500A requires a media receiver box to function, and the 6090 does not. Are there any Pioneer TV's with HDMI ports (that require no media box) more equivalent to the KRP-500A than the 6090 (or 5090)? Also, any thoughts besides size on the 5090 versus the 6090?

Last edited:

Simba

Distinguished Member
depends on the price its being sold for.....

Ireland

Good point.

Would getting an LX6090 calibrated make much of a difference to the colours or black levels?

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Would getting an LX6090 calibrated make much of a difference to the colours or black levels?
Very likely it will make it look at least 50% better if it hasn't been calibrated before.

V F

Probably as most TV's the gamma isn't all that good from stock settings. It's always usually to some degree a little/more cloudy.

stucarblne

@ Ireland

I know of someone selling one also - or was. It has had a brand new warranty panel fitted. This was about six weeks ago. But...

If you need a second option/opinion then i could also ask for you. £1400 i believe or thereabouts.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom