• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thoughts on the DENON AVR1513?

easyrider

I have created a gym area similar size to my cinema room.( Double Garage)

I have a Raspberry PI for video running XBMC that can pass DTS Audio via HDMI

I need a cheap amp with enough grunt that can drown out the sound of the Treadmill.

Looking at the DENON AVR1513 @ 99 quid.

Speakers are the Tannoy Mercury F1 and F2's 5.1

Thoughts

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest you look at the 1713 as opposed to the 1513. The AVR1513 lacks auto calibration and has no form of room correction at its disposal.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The Tannoy speakers may not be the best tonal match for the receiver either as both are described as warm sounding. That said, the room is probably going to be far from ideal (I assume a lot of hard reflective surfaces) so this may not be much of an issue. However, it may be better to consider speakers from Monitor Audio, Mission and Morduant Short instead.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I've got one and use it with my PCs. Its sounds fine and build performance is good. A stripped down basic sort of amp with no frippery. Nothing to be embarrassed about for occssional secondary usage, though like you I would not consider it for my main AV. I paid 99 for it and well worth every penny. Goes pretty loud with my 3 speakers.

Fits in nicely with your Raspberry PI as an experiment in cheap consumer electronics.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom