Question Thoughts on Panasonic DPUB150 UHD Blu-ray Player on sale for Black Friday @ £99

Beaker 2016

Hi,
What are the forums opinion on the Panasonic DPUB150 UHD Blu-ray Player on sale for Black Friday @ £99 I know it doesn't have a display but is there any disadvantages of this model I don't have a UHD player at the moment and would probably only be buying selected UHD discs to start with anyway lol TIA

doug56hl

Distinguished Member
Hi,
What are the forums opinion on the Panasonic DPUB150 UHD Blu-ray Player on sale for Black Friday @ £99 I know it doesn't have a display but is there any disadvantages of this model I don't have a UHD player at the moment and would probably only be buying selected UHD discs to start with anyway lol TIA
Main drawback is it only has one HDMI output vs the two of most other players.
The 2nd Audio out HDMI most players have is to cater for AVRs which can't do 4K passthough and so you have to send the video to the TV via one cable and the audio to the AVR via another cable. But as your AVR can do 4K passthough that wouldn't be an issue.

Also doesn't have smart apps or WiFi. Apart from that it's a rock bottom price for a UHD player.
Get it from somewhere which has a good returns policy in case it doesn't work out and you have to send it back. These cheap players can be a bit hit and miss on drive noise. Some OK, others not.

Beaker 2016

Thanks didn't know about the drive noise was going to get it from Richer sounds probably so should be ok - smart apps taken care of by my TV and Amazon ire stick

Thanks didn't know about the drive noise was going to get it from Richer sounds probably so should be ok - smart apps taken care of by my TV and Amazon ire stick
Do buy it in store then and take it back Richer Sounds will take a cut! Buy it online if you can.

Top Bottom