Thoughts on monitor audio

scott88m14

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm finally now looking to upgrade my speakers after some delay!

I've been looking at the monitor audio silver 300s or 500s as I've only ever really had monitor audio.

Would people recommend these and the centre speaker for lcr or are there other speakers people would recommend?

Many thanks.

@StefanBFC can share thoughts as he has the Silver 300 & C350! The 500s look very nice aswell, but require bit more room around them! C350 is clearly the way to go with the Silver range, although you might have to wall mount tv if you haven´t yet as it´s large!

dsc_0751-jpg.1082055

Hi guys,

I'm finally now looking to upgrade my speakers after some delay!

I've been looking at the monitor audio silver 300s or 500s as I've only ever really had monitor audio.

Would people recommend these and the centre speaker for lcr or are there other speakers people would recommend?

Many thanks.

Yeah I love the silver 300's, the 350 centre is awesome but its a beast though. Its huge when you see it.
I was never 100% happy at first and changed the receiver which has definitely made them sound better. They are brilliant for music and movies.
Do you have a sub? If you use your sub and only want it for movies the 300's would be fine.

Is it really, I don't mind about the size as I'd make space for it.
I currently have the old MA silver 8i's with the rslcr centre paired with the svs pb2000 pro sub.

I'm kind of happy with the sound but I'm aware that my speakers are ageing now so thinking an upgrade may make some nice changes? It's just like an itch that's not going to go away till i scratch it.... All be it an expensive itch 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

I have been enjoying the MA RS6 setup for a number of years (Silver FX bipole / dipole rears) - received wisdom would state that you keep the same manufacturer / speaker range for the front three. I started them off with my old Marantz SR7400 (2004 vintage) and they've not sounded out of place through a fair few amplification upgrades. They will probably last me at least another three or four years.

Yeah when I change any speakers I'll change all the speakers to the same make and model, I currently have the stated speakers with Monitor Audio rx1 rears and 4x Monitor Audio c180's in the ceiling for atmos. ( wouldn't change the ceiling speakers )

I'm open to opinions on other manufacturers too.

Only heard older ones, I found them too bright. I do like they make big center speakers and switchable monopole/bipole/dipole surrounds though

I had these on my shortlist and decided on the 500's over the 300s and the big centre all in white. I really liked them and the 500s offered that bit more base in music. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade you will see but you should like the signature if you have the space. Reviews are positive too

We often have little visitors and it was the little visitors poking toys into their speakers that put a hold on things. Now we are looking at in walls as the poking has stopped but climbing frames are now a new thing.

I don't mind installing a climbing frame in the garden but these are too nice to spoil

As always I'm going to have to trial these and see what I prefer.
I heard my friends definitive technology system today and it sounded awesome!
Does anybody have any opinions on these?

As always I'm going to have to trial these and see what I prefer.
I heard my friends definitive technology system today and it sounded awesome!
Does anybody have any opinions on these?

I have definitive technology bp-2x bipole for sides in 7.2 main system and another pair as rears in bedroom 4.1 system

I'm guessing as you have a second pair you like them?
My friend has 7.1.2 with the BP 9020 and the cs9040 centre as his front stage and I was genuinely shocked at how good it sounded.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom