1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thoughts on infocus 4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bebe, Feb 23, 2005.

1. bebe

bebe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys 'n' gals
    been doing abit of shopping around and V.new to all this but following adivce on projector thinking of infocus 4805 i know rainbowing can be a prob on DLP but then pixelating,chicken wire effect dont appeal either. at the moment the 4805 looks apppealing but anyone got one and what do they think? in an ideal world i would like the h57 but mr ain't letting me have no more dosh no matter how much washing up i do!!

what is this new technology coming out soon? and will it improbe pj's or just improve the cost?

thanks
    :clap:

2. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    What about the H57 with a finance option, like a buy now pay later

3. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I've got one and it is fannnnnntastic !!! ( 4805 that is). At £999 it's an absolute bargain.

4. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    Yep I got a 4805 and its brilliant, can't stop watching all my old DVD collection paid £1300 for mine so at £999 its a bargain :thumbsup:

5. mojomanic

mojomanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the 4805 since October and am delighted with it and was happy to pay £1300. At £999 its a 'no brainer' as the Yanks say. No sign of rainbows just brilliant picture quality.

6. bebe

bebe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one small teeny after thought with the lumens being quite low do you have to watch it when its dark or do have some light? as i now thinking that maybe need more lumens although everything else is perfect!! what do you think?

(i don't think buy now pay later would be option thanks for the thought)
    :smashin:

7. bebe

bebe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    okay thanks for the info on buy now play later i am smiling V.sweetly and there is some serious thought going on the mind wooh hoo!!!
    thanks for that

okay my options may change slightly:

i am still stickin with dlp
    mitsubishi hc 900
    h57
    :clap:

8. mojomanic

mojomanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 4805 is bright enough to watch in daytime with the curtains drawn. In fact i've just added an NDx2 filter to the lens to tone it down during night time viewing. This has made an already great picture even better. Improved contrast and more 'film like' it will also help if you're unfotunate to be botherd by rainbows. Although no one whose viewed mine has seen them.

9. guido

guido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yep 4805 :smashin: from me too. Tested it against SP5700 and could not seee £1000 worth of difference (H57 equivilent'ish). Save your dosh and get the 4805 you wont be disappointed. I watched it on 120" screen at the demos so when I finally get mine set up properly (and not just on a borrowed slide screen) on a 77" one it will be even better :clap:

10. newyorkunit

newyorkunit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got my 4805 hung and adjusted...great buy for the money. I very pleased with the colors and brightness. Especially at night the room is way brighter than imagined. I recommend it for anyone looking to jump in the pj market. I've been displaying it on a Draper 106" at about 100"...

11. JEDIBLADE

JEDIBLADE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I own a 4805 and can only agree with the other members, excellent picture and for £999 a real bargain. Doe anyone know where I can get a NDx2 filter and what size I'd need to fit my 4805 ? I do get the odd rainbow but compared to the vertical banding on my old AE500 no contest !

12. john<|>nhoj

john<|>nhoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I plan to get one of these with the DHR slimline 240 electric screen. Room is being decorated right now... I have seen one in the day in a shop and it looked pretty good.

I saw one at the show in London and remember thinking ok to the 5700 and 4805 and wow to the 7205 and Oh My G.. to the 777. That was likely being there in your own Cinema... but £20k is outside my budget by £19k so 4805 it is.

Looking forward to getting it set up.