Thoughts On Hitachi 42PD3000

Kopite4Ever

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
im a total newbie to plasma screen's but after ummming and arrring ive decided to get one. the setup i had was an Hitachi 32 " Flat screen CRT with a pioneer DCS 303 theatre system, nothing special but i was happy with it. i had a look around and seen alot of good reviews especially saying it won tv of the yr! and the prices look ok. but i would like to have a real review from some body who actually ows this plasma as many articals can be misleading. any help will be appreciated ! also i will be mainly using the plasma to watch dvd's and the footy. dont really watch the terrestrial stations

You are joking right.........:nono: :nono:

How many post are there just on this first page to do with the PD3000.......????:suicide:

Try scrolling down a bit.........:eek: :confused:

yes sorry i was tired and had work to do. also this prob has been asked but if & when i order a plasma will i need to buy extra special cables, boxes etc to get it going or will everything be bundled with the plasma. ive things that are alot of jargon to me about picture settings and connections

I think the 42PD3000 is really good. I have a buzzing problem but nothing too major...got an engineer coming out 2 look at it.

The PQ is excellent on sky & DVD. My wife is even impressed which is a very good thing as we had the Sky plasma b4 xmas & it was terrible & put us both off.
Check the threads "42PD3000 First Impressions"

Cheers
Cag

Cag, same here. I had the Sky Plasma, and it was alright, but the Hitachi PD3000 has tons better PQ, and was a grand cheaper. A definate budget buy nowadays.

im just waiting for MAW to hop in :D

i got the 42pd3000 and its nice m8 looks good and PQ is realy nice

Originally posted by chris
You are joking right.........:nono: :nono:

How many post are there just on this first page to do with the PD3000.......????:suicide:

Try scrolling down a bit.........:eek: :confused:

Ha Chris haw can you say that if you look down ure lots more guys on here that are happy with there screens i just got mine and its mint know dead pixs are the clouding thats some guys have found that there got i think thats down to a bad batch thats all

Any of you had problems with buzzing or the colours going dark then normal again when scenes on tv are changing??

I would say that there are probably more happy owners of the 42pd3000 than there are unhappy ones (of which I am the latter). My real beef is more with the (lack of) customer service than with the set itself. After all any manufacturing process will generate some percentage of faulty goods.

I would advise that you purchase from a retailer who will take the set back 'no questions asked' if you are not completely happy in the first week or two - ideally at no cost to you (which distance selling regulations require anyway I think) and that you give your screen a good check over in that time. I suppose this goes equally for any make or model though.

Like a bad penny. Yes my personal feelings are well known about hitachi, and in some cases born out in fact, but my real issue is not alis, or Hitachi, but analogue TV and sad side speakers. This holds for HDE pioneers, PA20 pannys etc. Sound makes such a difference, and even a budget speaker set or even an all in one will thrash the pants off attached speakers. And the same goes for digital versus analogue TV. If you can get freeview, do it, or sky+ if that's your bag. Switch it all through an AV amp, send the video to the panel of your choice and IMHO you'll be better off, both financially (you'd have surround soun d anyway wouldn't you?) and in terms of performance. And BTW PD3000 is now obsolete. I can't source any, even if I wanted to.

I would have to say that I'm a happy owner of a 42PD3000 even tho it doesn't work anymore. It broke down and JL tried to contact a Hitachi service company to look at it. But none of them cover my area, so I have the choice of either : getting a brand new one (same model) or getting different one and paying the difference/getting money back.

Decisions decisions.......

I wonder if JL will be getting the 42PD5000 anytime soon.....

Where do you live in order to be outside service coverage? I was told by Hitachi that all UK post codes were covered by their service agents.

I live in Buxton, Derbyshire. The nearest service place is Derby which apparently is only 45 minutes away. For all they know it could be just the fuse that has gone, and they're sending me a new one.

According to MAW the PD3000 has now been discontinued, so hopefully JL will be getting the PD5000 in! JL said on friday tho that they had no news on the PD5000.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom