Thoughts on GuidePlus+

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mobily, Sep 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all,

What are your thoughts on the guideplus+ EPG system which can be found in systems such as the pioneer 530-H?

I was thinking about this instead of Tivo for Telewest. However I have heard Telewest will be bringing their own PVR out before the end of the year which will have 3 tuners.

Cheers :thumbsup:

2. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The Pioneer is not a PVR, it is a DVD recorder with a Harddrive as well. the guideplus is ok and works fine most of the time. the only problem I am having is that sometimes the guide is not accurate and I think I am recording one programme and end up with something else.

The guide on the Sky box is getting as bad for some reason.

3. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Have a friend with a Philips DVDR80 DVD recorder with Guide Plus who finds it rare that it is populated fully or even at all and when it is and he uses it the recordings are almost always cut short. He now works by timer record only and being as I reccomended the machine to him for this feature to make advance recordings easy I now feel a pang of guilt everytime he mentions it.
    I dont know if it is his machane or the guide plus system at fault but either way it sucks. :thumbsdow
    PS. Glad I waited a bit longer than he and purchased the excellent Topfield 5800PVR. yes there has been the odd occasion when the EPG has been not fully populated but this turned out to be a transmission fault by the TV company and not the Toppy. If you want to know more about the toppy try their forum at http://www.toppy.org.uk/
    Regards Mick.

4. scotte

scotte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it not the case that the toppy is not compatible with telewest and therefore it has to be a HDD DVD recorder?

5. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Scotte yes of course you are right, got carried away after mentioning toppy forgot the question was for Telewset. Senior moment..... But Guideplus still seems iffy imho.