Thoughts on getting back into the PJ world

Might have to be one of the reduced Sony’s from the Sevenoaks website?
If you’re thinking of getting the 290ES I can thoroughly recommend them. Got mine last year as a replacement for an Epson 9400 and while there isn’t a night and day upgrade in performance I still don’t regret the purchase.

It throws an absolutely fantastic image and when Gordon Fraser was calibrating it he said it was a noticeable improvement on the 270.

Managed to get a Grandview 120 inch tab tensioned acoustically transparent screen from the for sale section for a decent price so just got to decide on the PJ now. There doesn’t seem to be any of the Epson’s around at the moment and I have been quoted June/July for delivery. Might have to be one of the reduced Sony’s from the Sevenoaks website?

I am also looking at getting kit installed by a guy I have used before (running hdmi and power cables through the walls/ceiling etc). He recons 2-3 days for the install, seems a lot for a PJ and screen install. Anyone got any thoughts?

Also in terms of what I need, can some keep me honest and check I have missed anything:

Screen
PJ
PJ mount
HDMI cable
Trigger cable - not sure if this would go to the processor or PJ?

Thanks all!
Any thoughts ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom