Thoughts on getting back into the PJ world

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Might have to be one of the reduced Sony’s from the Sevenoaks website?
If you’re thinking of getting the 290ES I can thoroughly recommend them. Got mine last year as a replacement for an Epson 9400 and while there isn’t a night and day upgrade in performance I still don’t regret the purchase.

It throws an absolutely fantastic image and when Gordon Fraser was calibrating it he said it was a noticeable improvement on the 270.

mrapbp

Managed to get a Grandview 120 inch tab tensioned acoustically transparent screen from the for sale section for a decent price so just got to decide on the PJ now. There doesn’t seem to be any of the Epson’s around at the moment and I have been quoted June/July for delivery. Might have to be one of the reduced Sony’s from the Sevenoaks website?

I am also looking at getting kit installed by a guy I have used before (running hdmi and power cables through the walls/ceiling etc). He recons 2-3 days for the install, seems a lot for a PJ and screen install. Anyone got any thoughts?

Also in terms of what I need, can some keep me honest and check I have missed anything:

Screen
PJ
PJ mount
HDMI cable
Trigger cable - not sure if this would go to the processor or PJ?

Thanks all!
Any thoughts ?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom