Thoughts on ex display tv

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am torn.
I have a 65xe6305 on order however it is not in stock and is waiting on suppliers (Sony)

My gut feeling is it is never going to come as I can't see Sony Still having them.
I have been offered the last set in another chain. It is exdisplay unboxed but otherwise as new. They will give a 5 year warranty with it.

But..... They wont lower the price from new so it's 1690 quid and MORE expensive than the orders PRC direct are taking.
My questions
1) do you folks reckon there is any chance of more of these coming into the country?
2) am I stupid considering paying full price for a set which has been on store display since October last year?
Thanks

I doubt many people would pay full price for an ex-display TV.
Agree why would you pay full new price for a TV that

a) Will have been run at high brightness for hour after hour

b) Will in all likelihood have marks on the surround an possibly on the screen, for which they won't take back as you bought it as ex display

If you are happy taking the risk then go for it. Personally I would walk away there will always be other TV's out there especially with the amount you are looking to spend

Hi guys I am torn.
I have a 65xe6305 on order however it is not in stock and is waiting on suppliers (Sony)

My gut feeling is it is never going to come as I can't see Sony Still having them.
I have been offered the last set in another chain. It is exdisplay unboxed but otherwise as new. They will give a 5 year warranty with it.

But..... They wont lower the price from new so it's 1690 quid and MORE expensive than the orders PRC direct are taking.
My questions
1) do you folks reckon there is any chance of more of these coming into the country?
2) am I stupid considering paying full price for a set which has been on store display since October last year?
Thanks

Assume you mean a 65xe9305? and if so why not try John Lewis or Richer Sounds?

Assume you mean a 65xe9305? and if so why not try John Lewis or Richer Sounds?
Tried both. No joy ebuyer had stock for nearly 1800 quid. Too rich for me.

Edit. I found one which claims to be in-stock elsewhere so have bought. I have asked for refund from PRC direct. I am a bit nervous as current my have 2 TVs on my credit card :eek:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom