Thoughts on artison

zacattack1845

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Have had once again more delays with my build but has given time to allocate more budget and planning which will lead to a far better room.

Im currently looking at the artison masterpiece in wall (Masterpiece - (M-LCRDM-MK2))

and the artison in wall subs (rcc600).

I just wanted to see what other people thoughts on the speakers or if there are better alternatives for the money.

thanks

I saw a review on these speaker, let me see if I can find it -

Artison Masterpiece LCR-DM On-Wall Speaker System | Home Theater

The speaker operate within a given design concept. If the concept appeals to you and your don't mind paying the price - fine.

But, know what you are getting. As long as your expectations are in-line with what you are buying - fine.

These speaker are what they are, but they are NOT what they are NOT.

I do like the concept, but I would never use them. However, I can see and understand how they would appeal to many people.

Steve/bluewizard

For that kind of budget (forgetting about looks) what would you say are superior for front (L/R/C channels) and sub?

I have the rear artison speakers already installed in the walls but the havent bought anything else yet.

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you give us your current budget, and any preferences or restrictions you might have?

The possibilities are endless. So, we need to gear the possibilities to your specific circumstance.

Just as a starter, assuming the TV is or can be wall mounted, consider the Monitor Audio Radius HD -

R225HD | Radius HD | Monitor Audio

R250HD | Radius HD | Monitor Audio

The above speaker are slim and easy to wall mount, and once in place blend in seamlessly.

The speaker below is a slim floorstanding version of these speakers -

R270HD | Radius HD | Monitor Audio

Why can't you have floorstanding or bookshelf speakers?

Steve/bluewizard

We have had loads of crazy delays but this thread has pics of the room on - http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-building-diy/1688987-first-dedicated-home-cinema.html

We have a 120inch dnp screen (so not AT) so a projection system. As I said for looks purposes the 4 rear surrounds are artison LCR in walls.

For the front on the room the budget is around £3500. (for left,centre,sub). With the artison in walls we were planning to build a stud wall so they could go into it.

I really like the concept of the artisons but its difficult as very few people have them and I am thinking can I get more for the money sound wise.

Again thanks for your help in advance.

The purpose of the Artison's "dual mono" design is a resolution of the conflict beween the centre speaker and TV for the same area. The usual compromise is a narrow speaker laid out horizontally below the TV, but a few companies have tried a dual split centre (e.g. Magnepan) or a dual mono front pair (e.g. Rowen), not normally with much success.

But since you have a projection system, you can use an acoustically transparent screen and place any size speakers you like behind the screen. So there's no need to choose the Artison Masterpiece for its dual mono design, you can concentrate solely on sound quality. I have not heard the Artison's in practice, and suggest an auditioning session at the dealer's.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom