Thoughts/experiences re Sky Glass?

nathangeorge99

Novice Member
Reaction score
I currently have BT Total Entertainment and Broadband, but a few years ago they removed our Sky Sports package, and I really need a package with both Sky Sports and BT Sport. I live in a housing association where the length of the trees makes a Satellite Dish impossible (ruling out Sky Q) and Virgin Media do not provide tv or broadband services where I live. My choices are either to try and get an upgrade from BT or to get Sky Glass. I've heard very mixed reviews about Glass. Has anyone here had a broadly positive experience with it? I've heard numerous negatives, has anyone ever had experiences with the following:

1) Sky not honouring the 31-day cooling off period (on that subject if I bought the tv upfront would I be refunded for it or not, I assume if I got it on the credit agreement with the subscription it would all be refunded or at worst I'd be charged the bill I'd paid up until then)?
2) The WiFI usage because of Glass lagging the rest of your internet (on phones, laptops etc) down.
3) Suddenly charging more than the package bought?
4) For big events like New Years Eve could the tv freeze more regularly?
5) DVD Players not having sound (I've just bought a relatively cheap Sony one with HD Upscaling)?

On the whole, anyone who can provide me their perspective on the pros/cons, and generally if it's been great, ok or too buggy would be great, and also what broadband they have (as I assume this can make an impact). I also wondered if Sky Glass was my only option, do you think it would be better to wait until I could get it with just the Puck and a separate Smart TV rather than with the Sky Glass TV itself?

There is a main thread and a few others about Sky Glass in our Satellite TV forum.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom