Thought id ask first, choice of 3 budget bars

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Audiostyle, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Audiostyle

Audiostyle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

Nearly made a impulse purchase, but decided, like TV, to seek advice, want additional sound, quite loud for rare occasions of dance music ect, but not to loud, as the neighbours are quite old.

Budget sub 200, not for 2 months though, Ive chosen 3 that seam adequate, TV is samsung smart tv 49

Buy Hitachi 280W 2.1Ch Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer | Sound bars | Argos

Like this one, as discounted & sub fits in AV cabinet without placing sideways, yet suspicious its not as depth in sound as conventional woofers.

JVC TH-D357B 2.1 Wireless Sound Bar

Buy Samsung HW-K335 2.1Ch Sound Bar with Subwoofer | Sound bars | Argos

Finally, id also ask, as asthectically, plus space constraints, would a base like this, be of equal to the above, as i can wait & up budget, as the Tvs sound is really sirprising, for a month or 2 at least.

Cambridge Audio Sound base

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +798
    Can highly recommend the Cambridge you’ve linked to - have seen it drop to £150 on the odd occasion. It’s definitely better than first two, don’t know much about the Samsung but they’re essentially the same with both being 2.1 - the base just has its woofer integrated.

I love mine.

3. Audiostyle

Audiostyle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Do you listen to dance music ?

4. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +798
    Not very often but music in general is great on it. Allows you to add in bass too.

5. Audiostyle

Audiostyle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I was going to get a dac magic years ago, if its got good range inc bass & controls to adjust, then it could be ideal, & it looks pretty, which is obviosuly the most important factor )

Better than a really cheap bar, as the Tv is quite posh to me at least, & it demands a suitable audio complement.

I think a higher priced decent sound base, will provide whilst limiting the boom volume as such, thus no longer requiring headphones.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  6. Aliasflorence

Aliasflorence
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The Yamaha 107 is a fantastic soundbar and has great bass even without a separate subwoofer. It is slimline with a unobtrusive fabric cover and works with your TV remote so the missus will be happy with it. On the tech side it has latest HDMI spec; DTS Virtual X sound processing, bluetooth, aux and optical inputs. It can be wall mounted too. We’ve replaced an amplifier and separates system - less clutter and much improved sound.