Those who moved from Android to iPhone?

cirian75

Prominent Member
Reaction score

Who were heavily invested in the Google ecosystem.

How did it go for you and what were the pitfalls?

If there's a phone you want, just buy it and enjoy it. I have devices on both sides and regularly switch my phones between Android & iOS, it's just not an issue these days. Only to those who can't be bothered to look at alternative apps and use the boring "I'm trapped in the ecosystem" rubbish!

Who were heavily invested in the Google ecosystem.

How did it go for you and what were the pitfalls?
There aren’t any real pitfalls, some things work differently but that’s it. Google apps all work pretty much the same (including One) and even have better widgets than the Android version.

I really value that when there’s a security or software update, I get it on day one and don’t have to wait for the manufacturer to get around to rolling it out.

There aren’t any real pitfalls, some things work differently but that’s it. Google apps all work pretty much the same (including One) and even have better widgets than the Android version.

I really value that when there’s a security or software update, I get it on day one and don’t have to wait for the manufacturer to get around to rolling it out.

That's my main gripe, the Android makers have gotten into a spec war again, so they neglect their older phones, even 1 year old almost flagship phones.

If there's a phone you want, just buy it and enjoy it. I have devices on both sides and regularly switch my phones between Android & iOS, it's just not an issue these days. Only to those who can't be bothered to look at alternative apps and use the boring "I'm trapped in the ecosystem" rubbish!
Its a bit more difficult if you have other devices though, its not just a case of finding alternative apps on a phone. I have an iPhone, Apple Watch and used to have an iPad that all worked together to an extent especially my iPhone and Watch. If i switched phone then my Watch wouldnt be as much use as it is now.

I did the switch last year and I’m glad I did. I went from a Huawei tablet and Oppo phone to an iPad and iPhone. Both are excellent and work well together. They’re not even the latest models and they’re still just as snappy as the Android devices I had even though those ones were high end newer models. I’m firmly in the Apple ecosystem now having also now purchased a Mac Mini and am Apple Watch. I love them though so it’s money well spent.
The only issue I had was moving WhatsApp over as it doesn’t do it natively. It was a pain to do and now the app just will not automatically back up. I can’t figure out why so have to manually do it. Otherwise everything works as well or better than on Android.

The plan was to buy my iPhone 14 Plus to have it arrive for Christmas so I had a 4 day play before I could even think of returning if it was not for me

Alas Twitter has broken 2 factor authentication so only my OnePlus 8T has access as my home PC got booted off when Chrome updated

I use twitter A LOT!

I switched to iPhone two years ago. I ain't going back unless Apple drop the ball on future products. Prefer the Apple ecosystem because it just works smoother between my various Apple devices.

I run devices with both operating systems. I think the innovation lead that flagship Android phones used to have, has waned in recent years. Ok there’s the folding phones but they’re more a niche thing that I think most people wouldn’t consider at the moment. The mass market phone wars all seem to be about camera tech and battery life.

I think Apple may be winning the war at the moment with its fast custom processors and system updates that allow users to hang on to their phones for years without worrying about them becoming obsolete. How many people with iPhone 8s (launch iOS 11) expected to be able to run iOS 16? They’ll probably be getting iOS 17 as well. Chuck in the endless long trials for Apple services. No surprise that more Americans reportedly now use iPhones than Android phones.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom