Those still having problems with Terratec 2400iDT

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Media-Man, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Media-Man

Media-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've been speaking with Terratec again today about the ongoing issues with tuning/stuttering etc that some have had with the 2400iDT.

Now they believe that they have solved the problem, and (they claim) have had nothing but good reports regarding the 1.0.3.255 release

They've asked me to get thsoe ppl having problem to try running their 'Cinergy Digital 3' software to see if the stuttering is still present.

To get this software it's bundled in with the beta drivers for another cinergy product. So if you download THIS and install the Cinergy Digital 3 software from there (BUT NOT THE DRIVERS SUPPLIED IN THAT DOWNLOAD) can they either post here or let Terratec know the results please.

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone tried yet ?

3. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    anyone know if media pc ever answer their emails? Are they a scam company?

4. BigBry

BigBry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They're certainly not a scam! Probably very busy though.

5. Media-Man

Media-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Very busy at the moment.
    I'm currently working through my unread mail - Have 179 unread, the oldest being from Friday evening - if you sent a message after then I'll get to it and answer tonight. If it was from before Friday, and you haven't had a message; either it's been caught up in your spam filter or I never got it (over-zealous spam filter turned off)

6. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Sorry. Got all petulant earlier on. Was getting the run around from other suppliers and couldn't get an answer from you. All sorted now. thanks.

7. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyway, back on topic. Has anyone who hasn't returned their 2400i (I realise there wont be that many) tried the drivers ? Very interested in getting a Terratec if the drivers sort out the stuttering.

Richie.

8. Mr.Nice.Guy

Mr.Nice.Guy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

for me the 255 driver work fine. 've been recording for weeks no problems. :D

9. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343

Ever considered Exchange Email?..and a Blakcberry Device or Pocket PC Phone running blackberry software, will makes things much easier..

10. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Blackberry are you kidding waste of bloody time you cannot read your emails as they screen wraps the text and you need to scroll down too many times to read a small email

great if people keep it short but a pain if you DONT want to be contacted all the time

lots of companies usinmg them now to trace employees as well :thumbsdow

11. Media-Man

Media-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have a ipaq HW6915 for that - it can organise my life wonderfully; unfortunately it can't organise 25 hours in the day

12. Ellster

Ellster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 1.0.3.255 driver (+ 'Cinergy Digital 3' software) still left me with an unuseable 2400.

So I think that is finally it - I'll get something else...

13. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Just installed the terratec card with the latest drivers. didnt bother with the cinema thingy. Works flawlessly. no skips at all. Much much better quality than the lifeview I was using before.

Well chuffed!

14. sarpal

sarpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've installed the 255 drivers and have only had a couple of problems in the last couple of months; Lost a tuner (!) but a reboot sorted that and one recording stuttered all the way through yet no others have (so far). The only thing I can put it down to is that I was having problems connecting to the web (aquiring network address) probably just a coincidence but I don't rule out anything upsetting what appears to be not that robust a collection of components :)

15. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,378
    Installed the package...Encountered a few problems:
    1. This driver is exactly the same as the Beta one, they didn't even bother updating the date.
    2. The driver is still not digitally signed, thus XP won't install it automatically, but I succeeded manually.
    3. Installed Cinergy Digital 3, performed the scan and got a whopping 258 stations, everything three times.....
    4. I've still got a very bad stutter....Signal strength is between 80-95% and signal quality is 100% on all channels, but the stutter is bad! Great for 5 seconds when switching and then it goes bad....
    5. For some reason it also thinks that BBC Two is broadcasted in German!

I'll be returning it tomorrow, as I really can't be bothered with this card anymore...And especially with Terratec's lack of communication and support.....You've been great Jason, but enough is enough....

16. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,378
    Also, I set a recording for overnight just to see whether it is any better unattended....But nope, the recording failed with a no-signal error! Which is just daft considering the signal strength/quality I am getting...

17. grahamk

grahamk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently got one of these cards, and am seeing the same problem reported here... I'll download the software recommended later, and see if anything comes to light.

Really a pain, especially as I have a 'fairly' cheap USB tuner (another brand) which seems to record flawlessly.. and cost something like 50% of the price of my terratec card.

Edit::: Quick update.. I was wrong, somehow I must have installed the drivers wrong, while submitting a fault report, I noticed the driver was still on the .243 version... Re-applied .255 and the fault 'appears' to have gone (2 days recording without errors so fingers crossed).