1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those hidden menu's? - toshiba

Discussion in 'TVs' started by howy686, Jan 14, 2002.

1. howy686

howy686

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know the sequence to access those hidden settings such as colour balance and screen shape - my 'box is a 28W93B but I guess they will be the same for most recent Toshiba models. I saw a engineer press a button on the TV simultaneous with one (or more) on the remote, but he wouldn't let me into the secret - the factory settings on our set are lousy (curved edges on 4:3 and too much blue etc.)

Many thanks in advance

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sequence for the service menu and the more advanced designer menu has been posted on this forums loads of times in the past and on the uk.media.home-cinema newsgroup.

I suggest you do a search on here and via google under "toshiba service menu" and you will get tons of responses which will also provide other useful information.

3. njm32

njm32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Once you are in service menu you must have some knowledge of what to do! First thing you must do is record all the settings so that you have something to go back to if things get screwed up. Also the settings are different for different picture modes:
    For the geometry (TRAP,PARA CNR, WID, HIT etc):
    wide/14:9/4:3 are together
    Cinema/subtitles are together
    SuperLive is on its own.
    Use the built-in cross hatch or a test card to set geometry.
    You really need a gray scale generator to set the colour tracking properly.
    It doesn't say much for the 'engineer' if he left your set in such a poor state.:(