1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those Free Ipod schemes

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by aligebes, Apr 10, 2005.

1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    While I remain very cynical about those supposed free electronic schemes. I was wondering if some people here would be willing to try it with me and see the results?

As it would mean me getting the Ipod I would give it away to a charity auction, so that I do not benefit financially in any way.

Or each of us could sign up for a different item and give each other the approp referral links. We could then post the results for all to see.

As said, I do believe that nothing is free in this world and am very cynical about this,and how it is always a 1st time poster who advertises his link code.

What would other regular forum members feel about testing one of these schemes out for ourselves? If we did, a colleague at work actively supports Maggies Centre for Cancer, and the Ipod(If I were to get it) would be auctioned off by him in aid of that charity?

I can not emphasize enough, that I am EXTREMELY Cynical about these things, but would be willing to participate with others in a trial. So if you post here in AvForums regularly and would be willing to try this, please do reply. I would of course be willing to do this the other way round and click on someone else's referral link.

Opinions or comments welcome, and No, I will not click on any referral links if you are a new member with a very small amount of posts!!

2. papachumba

papachumba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stop wasting time in "too good to be true" scenarios, bite the bullet buy the ipod and give it to your mate, or just give him some money.

3. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    First of all, he's not my mate, I've never taken part in these schemes, as "If it's too good to be true, it usually is"

This was a genuine thing to prove these schemes are a waste of time. I was also willing for someone else to sign up 1st, which was why I said I would click on someone else's link, so long as they are a regular poster here on AVforums as in this paragraph

"I would of course be willing to do this the other way round and click on someone else's referral link"

I thought that this would go far to show, that I am not seeking any gain from this myself.

It was just a thought, that maybe some AVforum members would participate in and post results. As said, I offered to start with someone else, so long as they post regularly.

So how does that make me the one who would get a "supposed" free Ipod, if I'm OFFERING for someone else here to try and get one before me? and prove these schemes are a waste of time.

4. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I signed up for freeipoduk completed 2 sponsors over 30+ days ago yet only got one on my account ive got about 20 refers 2 of which i was there when they signed up for 1 sponser yet they,ve got no mention of signing up for sponsor on my account apart from being on list as one my referals.
    Personally id avoid bothering with any freeipod,psp or whatever as too good to be true usually is just that !

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    yep, we seem to get alot of this as spam on the forums as well, I can honestly say that I would never participate in anything like this simply because I have never known of anyone who it has actually worked for.

6. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the replies, it was this sort of discussion I was hoping for. I can not stress enough that I have never signed up for these things as there is always a catch. But I was curious to find out what other forum members who post regularly thought of these things.

To Throttle: As you have actually signed up, I would click on your link as you do have a good post count, PM me if you want me to assist you. I would like to find out if these things are scams, or whether if other forum members were to assist you 1st, then maybe you could post if you actually recieved something.

7. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Ive removed my referal link but personally "i wouldnt bother with freeipoduk "why my account does list 18 referals i was there when 2 referals signed up for 1 the sponsors which never appeared as signed up to sponsor on my account just that they had a account from my referal link ..
    I also have signed up to two sponsors about month and half ago and only one the sponsors i signed up for appeared on my account :thumbsdow
    I dont usually try supposed free stuff links such as freeipoduk this was my first attempt and prob my last :rolleyes: i'll stay with competions next time i want attempt get something for free :D
    If you still want to try a free ipod site though id try a different site if i was you.

8. PiePie

PiePie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These types of thing are all over the P2P networks - jpegs and wmvs with filenames and metatags of popular media files. It used to be that people were afraid of viruses from these networks (was that -ever- true?), now it just seems to be spam files

9. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Throttle, I signed up using that link, but have not completed any offers yet. Based on what you say, I read the stuff and that 5 people must complete 2 of the offers in order for a "supposed free ipod" to be claimed...

So out of your 18 referrals, how many have clicked and actually signed up for one of the offers?

I can not state clearly enough that I am merely curious to see if we can cause someone to get an Ipod. I also signed up for you as you do have a good post count. I would not sign up for a 1st time AVForums poster at all, as they have not contributed to this forum in any way.

I would hope though, that if you do (by some miracle) get an Ipod, that you post here, letting us all know how long it took, how many people signed up etc.

10. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I know 2 of my referals have definte signed up for a 1 sponsor each (i was with them at the time) which never appeared on my account i signed for 2 sponsors and 1 only appeared on my account ...
    I never bothered seeing if other referals had signed up as if i never got my sponsor sign up listed i doubted it make difference if anyone did.

11. Ryderage

Ryderage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You Mugs Kiss Your Hard Earned Money Goodbye.

By You Posting Here Other People Are Being Ripped Off Aswell.

Mods Please Removes All Links And Referal Links.

Wise Up, And Learn From Your Mistakes.

Rikki

Throttle You Deserve A Ban For That Referal Link Imho. It's Usually Children That Fall Victim To These Blatent Scams, Go And Spread Your Evil Elsewhere.

12. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Im far from promoting there site am i :confused: im saying dont sign up i only gave the link as it was asked for ....Im more warning people not too bother not praising the site and claiming you do get a free ipod as you dont i only signed to stanjames that matched my money i put on creating my account and i won it back and a ebay account so i never really lost any money.
    Please try reading my comments such as "Personally i wouldnt bother" or maybe "Personally id avoid bothering with any freeipod,psp or whatever as too good to be true usually is just that !" if i was claiming they was genuine fair enough but i never have so go and try annoying someone else rather than attempting to start flaming me when i said that i never got anything ! :mad:

13. jamesrickards

jamesrickards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There no such thing as a free lunch + other little ditties that us 'older guys' have come to know and trust.

whats next? pspforfree.com ???

14. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This has now been tested, and out of the 6 sites tested by myself and 10 friends the results are:

1 website claims to be sending a Flash based IPOD to one of my friends,but allow 7-10 days to arrive
    1 has sent an IPAQ 4150(this may be true as there is something waiting at my local Securicor depot, and I have not ordered anything recently
    2 were/are scams as we all signed up within 3 days of trying this and there is still no signs to say that we signed up to the offers. A reply to an email states "it can take up to 45 days for referrals to register"

1 claims not to have any knowledge of being signed up to.

The last is currently in progress, we each have printouts of when we registered, but it has another 12 days before the time for referrals to register is up.

If we do recieve any items, I will work out how to post pictures.

This is not a "told you so" message, but was done as a test.

Also note that like the User:Throttle, I will not post links here to the sites tested.

I just wanted to share the results. I have also read that in the USA this is basically a form of marketing, as the sites get alot more money for each referral.

15. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I dunno if you did sign up to any of the offers as though you appeared as a referal to my account there 0/2 sign ups listed next to your name but like i have mentioned i have seen 2 people on my referal list sign up for a offer over a month ago and they have nothing listed next to them as signed up for ...
    Just thought id let you know ;)

16. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Throttle, Yes I did sign up via your referral and I created an Ebay account and a gaming account.

Hopefully they will appear soon for you, Also you should know, that my friends and I registered within 4 working days of each other, but so far only 2 have been credited.

That is one of the sites we are watching closely, as we kept a record for signing up on each one.

But one of my friends came round with a Pink 4 gig Ipod that he got today. I can't work out how to insert a picture that I took of it. If anyone knows then please do tell me.

My pal's moaning about the colour that he recieved though(some people are never happy!!)

I suggested this and he gets an Ipod before me the Jammy B-----D!!

17. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Lol..he could always get a case so it aint pink or ebay it and end up getting almost price of a new one and buy the colour he wants :rolleyes:
    Pm me the site he actually got one free from as i was fairly convinced none of the sites would give you a free ipod after my attempt :rolleyes:
    I do actually have a 20gb Ipod which got for £165 :thumbsup: but if did get a free mini Ipod could let my missis have it :)

18. Aunty Mable

Aunty Mable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    free ipods is a pyramid and it is hard to get one!!! :S