Those Free DVD’s Form the Daily Mirror.

Garrett

Did any one get any of the free DVD’s that they were offering in the paper?
I sent off for some and I have not got any yet. Saying that I think you had to allow 28 day, but still wondering if any ones got them yet and if they are in a proper box not just a cardboard sleeve.

chic

Distinguished Member
still waiting for my enemy of the state sent away 2wks ago

Garrett

Originally posted by chic
still waiting for my enemy of the state sent away 2wks ago
I sent off for the one previous and afterwards as well as that one and it was the one I really wanted, but not heard any thing on any.:(

PoochJD

HI,

Just a warning: the DVD's you will receive, will be in cardboard sleeves only, and will not have any extras on them either. Plus, some of the films may also be in 4:3 pan-and-scan. After all, they are being offered free. That's why I didn't take-up the offer, after contacting the paper direct, to find out more about the offer.

Pooch

peb

Standard Member
I received the first DVD, Muriels Wedding and it was the exact retail product in the amaray and was shrink wrapped too.

Garrett

Originally posted by PoochJD
HI,

Just a warning: the DVD's you will receive, will be in cardboard sleeves only, and will not have any extras on them either. Plus, some of the films may also be in 4:3 pan-and-scan. After all, they are being offered free. That's why I didn't take-up the offer, after contacting the paper direct, to find out more about the offer.

Pooch
If that’s true then why did they ask for 60p worth of stamps on a A4 envelope, surly an A5 and a 20p stamp would have sufficed. :confused:

Kane D Williams

Novice Member
I sent for Enemy of the State and Good Will Hunting. The latter R2 release has no extras and the former I think only a few anyway, so I won't cry about missing extras! Anyway, for under £1.00, you'd have to be a real grumpy bastard to complain and if the extras are missing, just think of the disc as 'Superbit' (possibly without the DTS)!! 4:3 would be a downer, but then they'd make great cheap gifts!

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
ust a warning: the DVD's you will receive, will be in cardboard sleeves only
Muriels Wedding and it was the exact retail product in the amaray and was shrink wrapped too
Got my first one last week (as above). I see no reason why the others to follow - Enemy Of The State, Face-Off, Good-Will Hunting, wont also be in the retail packaging.

Dean

Garrett

Originally posted by Kane D Williams
4:3 would be a downer, but then they'd make great cheap gifts!

Especially for some one with a dvd and a 4:3 TV.:laugh:

Garrett

Has any one got any of the following from that offer: Face-Off, Enemy of the State and Good Will Hunting?

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
some people have had their copy of 'face-off', some havent. I got mine last week - proper packaging same as Muriels Wedding.

Someone contacted the paper about the DVD's - heres the reply they got

Dear Reader

Thank you for your email. The following are the estimated dates of delivery
of the DVDs.

Title 28-day deadline

Muriel's Wedding DVD Monday, February 23
Face Off DVD Monday, March 1
Enemy of the State DVD Monday, March 8
Good Will Hunting DVD Monday, March 15

Due to the high volume of requests for the Ultimate Movie Collection there
may be a delay in sending you your DVD, however we will try to send them
out as soon as possible.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies, and thank you for your
patience

Garrett

Thanks, so hopfuly I sould get some DVD back next week.:smashin:

Garrett

I wasn’t on the ball sending the tokens back with Face-Off but I was within the time limit, but got Enemy of the State the very same day the last token came out. So heres hoping I will get some next week.

Garrett

I got my copy of Enemy Of The State this morning bit still have not got the one I sent for before Face-Off or the one after Good Will Hunting.
I wonder if they are having to re-order some of the titles as they did not envisage such a large demand.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom