Thor, QED, Ixos, Profigold or Belkin...?

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
Going to need a new SCART cable, possibly two, in the not too distant future.

Other things being equal I quite like the idea of an "RGB-only" cable (thus allowing thicker wires and more shielding) but most of these seem to be annoyingly expensive for what they are, and I don't think I would see much quality gain over a decent fully-wired one anyway. If anyone can recommend one for £45 or less that's worth the price, I'll certainly consider it.

Failing that, the one thing I am adamant about is that all of the video wires (and preferably all of the audio wires too) must be individually screened - i.e. screened from each other as well as screened from interference outside the cable.

QED 2110, Thor, and Ixos XHT611 all seem to be quite popular (though I'm not sure if they're individually screened) and they are in the sort of price range I'm considering (£20-£40 or so). I've also heard quite good things about Profigoild and Belkin. Any specific recommendations...? :)

SamirP

NicolasB said:
Interesting idea, but why can't I find any reference to that product on Ixos' web site? Has it been discontinued? :confused:

Yes I think it has been discontinued, but I'm not sure what replaced it as their isn't any other RGB scarts on their website.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom