1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor, QED, Ixos, Profigold or Belkin...?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by NicolasB, Feb 10, 2005.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Going to need a new SCART cable, possibly two, in the not too distant future.

Other things being equal I quite like the idea of an "RGB-only" cable (thus allowing thicker wires and more shielding) but most of these seem to be annoyingly expensive for what they are, and I don't think I would see much quality gain over a decent fully-wired one anyway. If anyone can recommend one for £45 or less that's worth the price, I'll certainly consider it.

Failing that, the one thing I am adamant about is that all of the video wires (and preferably all of the audio wires too) must be individually screened - i.e. screened from each other as well as screened from interference outside the cable.

QED 2110, Thor, and Ixos XHT611 all seem to be quite popular (though I'm not sure if they're individually screened) and they are in the sort of price range I'm considering (£20-£40 or so). I've also heard quite good things about Profigoild and Belkin. Any specific recommendations...? :)

2. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
  3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Interesting idea, but why can't I find any reference to that product on Ixos' web site? Has it been discontinued? :confused:

4. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Yes I think it has been discontinued, but I'm not sure what replaced it as their isn't any other RGB scarts on their website.