Thor: Lenticular Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) (2D/3D Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 14/12/2015

thor-jpg.642863

Attachments

• Thor.jpg
    Thor.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 713
  • Thor(back).jpg
    Thor(back).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 95
  • Thor(open).jpg
    Thor(open).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Quite like the artwork but I have the HMV which I'll stick with. This is great for collectors who don't own it yet though.

Considering this info came from someone with ZBOX in their handle I fear the worst.

Does this include the 3D Blu Ray as well as the 2D one?

Wow that's just as nice as the HMV original. Might have to double dip as it has the 3D.

The 3D conversion is really terrible though. Really murky visuals, & the 3D is mostly unnoticeable. The best 3D is the end credits with the deep space fly-by through the stars & galaxies.

Artwork is much nicer than the previous reissues. Don't think I'm gonna double dip though as already have the HMV one.

The 3D conversion is really terrible though. Really murky visuals, & the 3D is mostly unnoticeable. The best 3D is the end credits with the deep space fly-by through the stars & galaxies.
Yeah, I remember it being one of the worst cinema experiences I've ever had, but home 3D is loads better, so I wouldn't say no to giving it a whirl.

Back/Open artwork added to OP. Live time also :)

Edit: Purchase link added.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. More fudgeing rereleased steelbooks from zavvi, killing it man.

At least they match but I guess im putting all my original ones up then.

There has been quite a few original Thor's on ebay lately as I've been keeping an eye out as I need one. Some unsealed but good condition have been going for the £40ish mark.#

I might still go for an original one but IM2 is still very expensive so will get that from Zavvi.

Understand the mixed feelings, it does devalue the collecting aspect of steelbooks, but does mean people can complete there collections.

There has been quite a few original Thor's on ebay lately as I've been keeping an eye out as I need one. Some unsealed but good condition have been going for the £40ish mark.#

I might still go for an original one but IM2 is still very expensive so will get that from Zavvi.

Understand the mixed feelings, it does devalue the collecting aspect of steelbooks, but does mean people can complete there collections.

Yeah i understand that way of thinking.

Personally i don't care about having the best looking version of a steelbook, just owning one does me.

Thor and Iron Man 1-3 all up now. Id prefer everything to match so doing this helps that. Guardians, Thor 2 and Cap 2 will be up too.

Yeah agree owning one is the priority and i rarely double dip from standard blu's let alone steels.

I think i prefer the look of HMV release, but if its case of paying £40ish used or a new for £25 then its Zavvi all the way. (i feel dirty saying that ;-)

I only need Thor 1 and IM2.

Yeah agree owning one is the priority and i rarely double dip from standard blu's let alone steels.

I think i prefer the look of HMV release, but if its case of paying £40ish used or a new for £25 then its Zavvi all the way. (i feel dirty saying that ;-)

I only need Thor 1 and IM2.

I feel the same, i need IM1 and 2 but i'm not paying those ransoms that those go for, will be happy to pick up the newly announced IM2 and hopefully IM1 if they detached it from the ZBox at some point, both would do me nicely. :)

I own all the original Marvels releases so any of these will be a double dip (which until recently I swore I'd never do!) but I find I keep making excuses in my head to buy these like I don't own Thor in 3d (even though I heard it's rubbish!) so maybe I should get this!

If anybody gets rid of HMV Thor to replace it with this then you need your head looking at.

On the other hand, if you are a hardcore collector and you want to buy this to double/triple dip then... you also need your head looking at!

Alternatively, you may not have a Thor at all and would rather opt for this at the price it is at then... you also need your head looking at!

Do what makes you happy! I plan on triple dipping with these if I'm honest just so I have a wonderful and glorious MARVEL section. The designs aren't rubbish, it is swings and roundabouts matching up to previous releases or not.

Personally, I would rather pay double for HMV Thor than buy this one at the price it is at.
I just think it is untouchable.

That Guardians of the Galaxy is also very easy on the eye! All I will say is... good luck! :D

If you don't mind being fleeced by Zavvi pricing then,

Ordering is LIVE

Code ZVC5 works for 5% off

Sold out??

Working now and ordered.

Last edited:
If you don't mind being fleeced by Zavvi pricing then,

Ordering is LIVE

Code ZVC5 works for 5% off

Whilst a cheaper price would be great, there's always the option to track down a copy of the original HMV or first Zavvi releases, you'll really know about being fleeced then.

Whilst a cheaper price would be great, there's always the option to track down a copy of the original HMV or first Zavvi releases, you'll really know about being fleeced then.

That's true, although I've never been quite sure why the first zavvi releases are a higher price. They are bound to come down now. The artwork isn't bad, it's just not the best we have seen from all marvel's released worldwide. HMV thor is a must over all of the Marvel steels imo, unless you have that blufans alternative.

Showing sold out now so that didn't last long, expect it to be back again though nearer the release.

Balls! They didn't even send out the usual email :(

Im hoping ot goes back up. I know the original steelbook is awesome but it won't match the lenticular ones so id rather have a worse steelbook. Its not 2013 anymore lol.

Balls! They didn't even send out the usual email :(

Im hoping ot goes back up. I know the original steelbook is awesome but it won't match the lenticular ones so id rather have a worse steelbook. Its not 2013 anymore lol.

I thought you were out of the game?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom