Thor 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Spot on review. De-grain and add some HDR here and there. What a brilliant strategy. Disney Digital and IMAX Enhanced could become the perfect match made in hell.

Some weird face tones in the dark scenes especially the beginning of the movie. Looks like when the grain was scrubbed, it also did a facial peel...:eek:

Thanks for the review Cas. Now I#m torn as to whether to stay with the Blu Ray (So no Atmos), or get this

Spot on review. De-grain and add some HDR here and there. What a brilliant strategy. Disney Digital and IMAX Enhanced could become the perfect match made in hell.
OMG (I hate that term but it applies here) From what the review says, putting Thor through the IMAX Enhanced process would make it look as smooth as a baby's bottom, but without the detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cas,
Not 100% sure this Is worth the upgrade, as you say they are watchable but certainly not in the same league as IM or Cap A :)

Some weird face tones in the dark scenes especially the beginning of the movie. Looks like when the grain was scrubbed, it also did a facial peel...:eek:

Pretty spot on - I got two things.. Its like watching a waxwork and it just aint a good film fullstop (it oddly has the same issues with Branagh directing as Orient express does - somethings off - both in the performances and the scripting and direction)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom