Thomspson R/p Convergen Problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by RATMARK, Dec 24, 2001.

1. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a thompson scenium 44 in projection t.v which replaced two toshiba,s which were really poor,massive colour shading on screen
    Anyway back tio the thompson
    in convergence , i gat 3 cross hairs and can adjust
    BLUE horizontal / vertical
    RED as above,however the difference between the tosh is i seem unable to adjust individual cross hairs
    i am unable to adjust the colours on the right of the screen seperatly to that of the other two etc,the problem i have is the two outside cross hair dont match up!
    if i adjust the right cross hair to be perfect the middle c/hair is ok but left c/hair has colour bleed which shows on picture as red outline and likewise if i adjust left c/hair right hand side of picture is out ( all speakers are shielded ,BOSE FRONTS~ M/SHORT CENTER~ NO SUBS CLOSE TO SCREEN)
    A BIT LONG WINDED EXPLANATION!CAN I ADJUST THE C/HAIRS INDIVIDUALLY,AM I MISSING SOMTHING IN THE INSTRUCTIONS !
    :clown:

2. harvy2020

harvy2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you need to go into the service menus>>>

Turn the TV OFF and then back on whilst holding the Prog - and Vol - buttons on the TV.

You should then have access to the Service Menu, where u can do advanced convergence options.

3. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info,i now have a tv with a cracking picture!
    it does however raise the question as i also had the same probelems with 2 Toshibas,do proj tv,s ship very well? so 44" of tv to watch should keep me amused:clown: