Thomson VTH 7090 & SKY Digiboxes

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by bhallimond, Oct 31, 2001.

1. bhallimond

bhallimond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Thomson after they told me the AMSTRAD DX100 digibox could be contolled by it. However, the installation instructions don't help - they say the procedure will tune my digibox to channel 12 but as SKY digital users know, the channels are three digits and there is no set-top box display.

Thomson's helpline is no help at all - can anyone else help.

On a different matter, when in stand-by mode should the VCR switch the full display back on every twenty seconds or so - does it matter?

Yours frustratingly

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I've also got a Thomson 7090, my digibox is a Panasonic. I can't get them the Thomson to control the digibox either :(

I was told that this feature only works with the older analogue satellite receivers.

When in standby the display on my 7090 stays on the clock time. Is your machine still under warranty?

Rgards

3. bhallimond

bhallimond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i) That's disappointing then, but Thomson aren't the only one's at fault. Look at this excerpt from What Video & TV's review.

"while a new addition is control for digital set-top boxes which also switches some digiboxes on (but not off)."

ii) After early problems I switched the machine to ECO mode to make sure I knew when it was in stand-by - with this there is only a red light in the middle of the stand-by button. The whole machine then switches on & off every 30 secs. It must be my problem and I will therefore take it back - it is under warranty.

Thanks for the help.