• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thomson Upgrade Problem.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
I have upgraded my Thomson box,WD 500g hard drive and new PSU kit.
However about once or twice an hour the picture freezes just on recordings for one or two seconds anyone any ideas.:)

Masteriser

Established Member
I have upgraded my Thomson box,WD 500g hard drive and new PSU kit.
However about once or twice an hour the picture freezes just on recordings for one or two seconds anyone any ideas.:)

Where did you get your power supply from?

Did you fit the star washer?

theraq

Established Member
Hi,

Same problem here... I upgrade to 1TB and Satcure psu upgrade!

I tried to contact them but they said send complete box.... :mad:

Don't know what to do... I don't want to give my box to them for more than 2 weeks like psu... :mad:

Hope someone know solution to this issue...

tele1962

Distinguished Member
I've seen a lot of talk about the Star Washer - how imporatant is it? I got my PSU ready built from Digifix and there was no washer. Where does the washer go?

It goes under the psu board and screw fixing at the top left beside the power connection.:)

Masteriser

Established Member
Yep.
By the way done a full reset and have lost series link and box office help.:confused::)

A full reset will re-format your HDD. So, in theory, you should lose everything.

Have you tried a forced software update? Sometimes the software can get its' knickers in a twist and this will cause flaky operation. Try dumping and re-loading it and see if that helps.

Silver Serpent

Prominent Member
I used to get the same issue with my Pace and 1TB Drive. You'd get the odd freeze now and again on some recordings, so it certainly isn't just Thomson related.

I'm sure your upgraded Thomson is just fine tele1962 and it's more of a glitch elsewhere, probably in the software.

You did a full system reset after installing the new hard drive, right?

Last edited:

tele1962

Distinguished Member
The freezing blocking problem is just on HD recordings has any one been able to fix this yet or is it a software problem.:confused:
Cheers.

derek500

Prominent Member
I sometimes get a little glitch and momentary loss of sound at the point of a second recording starting or finishing,

e.g. If recording a 9-10pm programme the box will record from roughly 8.58pm to 10.02pm. If I watch a programme recorded at 10pm it may 'glitch' about four minutes into the recording, at the time the other recording finished.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
I sometimes get a little glitch and momentary loss of sound at the point of a second recording starting or finishing,

e.g. If recording a 9-10pm programme the box will record from roughly 8.58pm to 10.02pm. If I watch a programme recorded at 10pm it may 'glitch' about four minutes into the recording, at the time the other recording finished.

Thanks but it happens even when i am not recording anything else it's very strange and maybe some thing me and some others will have to put up with.

Silver Serpent

Prominent Member
Have you tried a planner rebuild or forced update?:)

I spoke too soon.

Blocking and freezing occured several times during Fringe playback.

Yep, did re-flash after installing new PSU and did a rebuild yesterday.

I turned off the Mini TV, which I had on, to see if that helps matters with regards to the remote issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom