Thomson Skydigibox CV3

S

sabre1951

Hello and apologies if this has been raised before, my first visit to site!! Recently had Thomson skydigibox CV3 which has allowed sky into another room via RF2 but will not allow the changing of channels by magic eye. Have tried new eye but still the same problem although the LED light shows. Have proved eye OK by testing on my sons Sky+ RF2 socket, I did,nt have this problem with previous Grundig digibox and it seems that both cable and eye are OK. Where do I go from here?

Are you using a Sky+ remote in the other room via sky eye. If not you will need to either get one or reprogramme the basic sky remote to operate thru Sky eye to sky+ box, however, it will not operate Sky+ features.

Thankyou for your reply I think I may have confused you in my attempt to give as much info as possible. My son has separate Sky+ box in his bedroom the Thomson CV3 is in the lounge with the magic eye running off that to another room.We used the Sky+ box with his control to test magic eye which worked before posting original query regarding link from the Thomson to the other room.

You need to make sure you have the RF2 power on. press services, option 4, 0,1, select to get to the installer setup menu. Choose Rf outlets and make sure the RF2 power supply is set to on, than save the settings.

Had exactly same problem with my thomson box. LED lit up, RF2 switched to on but just wouldn't work properly in bedroom. Would press two keys or so and then wouldn't do anything else. Had the box changed (for other reasons) to Amstrad and eye works 100% ok now. Sky bloke said that different boxes have slihjtly different power outputs and that you should always use top notch cable. Not sure if he's right there or not like!!

Thanks Skytech I had checked RF2 settings were on and saved but to no avail,just one thing though do you need to switch Skybox off and then back on before trying link to other room?
Thanks Marky2027 it may be that I have to change box ! I can get Sky channel in the other room but can't change the channel.
Nice to know there are helpful people out there :D

Thanks Skytech I had checked RF2 settings were on and saved but to no avail,just one thing though do you need to switch Skybox off and then back on before trying link to other room?
Thanks Marky2027 it may be that I have to change box ! I can get Sky channel in the other room but can't change the channel.
Nice to know there are helpful people out there :D

When making any connection to a Sky digibox it is advisable to switch off at the mains first (as with virtually all equipment - only exceptions being those designed to be hot pluggable - e.g. usb) and do not switch back on until connected - it is easy to misalign connectors when plugging them in, short out pins and cause possible damage. The RF2 socket does in fact normally have 9V across the pins in the default setting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom