• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thomson Sky box gets wavy lines when old one doesn't

RogerFinch

Standard Member
hey everyone

I've upgraded from a Panasonic TU-DSB30 digibox (which was freezing,) to a Thompson Sky white box, and am now getting wavey lines diagonally over the screen, even in the menu.

I've swapped the scart cable, the scart port on the back of the Sony LCD, removed all the ariel and other cables just in case. Gone in the installer menu and turned off RF power and changed the channel number. Nothing stops the lines scrolling up and across the screen

If I put the Pany back on, it's fine.

If I am on the menu watching the wavey lines and remove the dish input, the wavey lines stop - so is the signal too strong?

Help!!:lease:

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Never connect/disconnect the lnb cables with the mains plugged in - you risl serious damage to the lnb and/or receiver. If this was un upgrade by Sky get them to replace the box as faulty, Thomsons are renowned for picture quality problems and often incompatabilities with particular TVs although I have seen no reports as such yet with Sony TVs.

GoonerEm

Established Member
I have an old pace box which has lines appearing similar to yours when viewed on my 42 inch Samsung. I do have a male to male f plug connector for my coax cable as I moved my box across the room - so I have ordered a new 10 meter length in the hope this would cure it.
I did notice my signal strength drop when I used the two cables coupled together - could this cause the wavy lines?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom