Thomson PVR 3 very,very slow + failed recordings

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by chunkymunky, Dec 26, 2006.

1. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now on my 6th Sky+ box and was initially very happy moving from an Amstrad PVR2 that whistled and turned itself off constantly to a Thomson PVR3. This was less than 7 days ago yet the Thomson is driving me mad. On Saturday night everything slowed down to a crawl - by that I mean trying to select the planner or move up and down the music channels. When doing this there is a 10 second delay and then everything catches up. To cap it all off, everything I put in the planner for recording yesterday failed. Not relishing spending a number of hours on the telephone to Sky is there anything I can do to fix this? Software download, reboot etc? Or is yet another Sky+ box faulty?

Any help appreciated, my son is gutted that he had to miss two episodes of Dr Who yesterday.:lease:

2. Tuddy

Tuddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Sorry I can't give any advice but I've only had Sky+ for ten days. It's a Thomson and everything seems ok but does have a fan type noise, is this normal?

3. PD_BARBS

PD_BARBS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Alot of people are having problems with the fan noise on the Thomson boxes as can be seen from this forum. My box was driving me mad, but I disconnected the power on it the other day and the noise problem has reduced significantly. I don't know if this has been a coincidence or has had an impact, but worth a try, otherwise you could try to force a software upgrade, some people on the site state this may help.

Good luck

4. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    OK, reboot it. If that doesn't help, delete all programmes except those that you *desperately* want to keep and do a "Planner Rebuild".

5. Tuddy

Tuddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42

What do you mean by diconnection of the power (wall socket)?:confused:

6. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Weird. I cannow record things but they won't play. When I go into the planner and select the program I want to watch nothing happens. I've done the planner rebuild and am now at a loss. Not noticed much in the way of fan noise though.

Any ideas anyone?

7. umeerw

umeerw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got the same problem mate, started on boxing day, remotes a bit hit and miss, seems to be stuck then all of a suden changes channel depending on how many times i'd pressed the remote. can get to sky planner and play recorded items but cannot record new ones. rung sky 50 mins reboot, reload software, now intermittently ok!! Also the fan was going crazy yesterday. sky coming out on the 8th jan as im going away!!!!!