1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thomson or Phillips 32" or anything else 32"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by adamsaiyad, May 29, 2005.

1. adamsaiyad

adamsaiyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys i have a choice of Lcd tvs to choose from im looking for a 32 inch that way i know i choosing a good reasonable size to be plugged into my pc and to be plugged into my dvd player and my Playstation 2 as well as watching Dstv via dish im from africa so we have a network called Dstv any ways please help me choose the best lcd i have a budget of about 1000 Pounds here are some of my choices .

thomson 32 "
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/87537/art/thomson/lcd-television-16-9-32-80.html

phillips 32"
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/95831/art/philips/32pf4320-32-80-cm-16-9-lc.html#fichetechnique

Please feel free to advise on any other better tvs value for money wise id be very greatfull im a bit of a pc gamer too so im looking for a good response time too the thomson sort of is better then the branded phillips.
    thanks guys

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The Thomson is a particularly poor TV and the Philips you have chosen is also pretty ordinary.

In this price range there are many better TV's available that would suit you.

Sharp's GA5E and the Hitachi 7200.

Jimmy

3. adamsaiyad

adamsaiyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thankyou for the advice is there any one else out there that can help me out please read the above thread and try advise me on what to buy im from zimbabwe no access to flat lcd from here to even compare so im hoping you guys can help me out hey .
    Kind Regards
    adam

4. adamsaiyad

adamsaiyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the hitachi is nice but a bit over the price range 1200 pounds where can i find it cheaper then 1000 Pounds mate

5. deeplyblue

deeplyblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Are you buying for use in Zimbabwe? If you are you must either

a) find a local dealer (even in South Africa), and not try to get it from the UK or

b) do an awful lot of work on local technology standards, shipping costs, relative taxation etc. For example - does your chosen satellite broadcaster produce pictures that can be received well on UK screens. I have no info about this - do you know?

If you are buying for use in the UK, then you need to use Google. Go to google.co.uk and put in the model number of the television you are interested in. Google will then give you a list of sites offering to find the best buys for you. Take a look at several of these, to get the general "level" of pricing. Then e-mail the stores concerned and ask them about stock levels and availability.

Then come back here and ask for further comments on the price/reputation of the dealer.

Or you could try use the forum's own search facility (near the top of the screen) and search for mentions of the TV you like the look of and/or the dealer concerned. That will give (usually) give you a good range of opinion.

6. ehr

ehr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why would you want to pay 14% UK import duty on a television? Buy from South Africa, from Dubai or buy direct from China.

7. adamsaiyad

adamsaiyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys ok here goes My bother is returning back from the uk so hence a returning resident to Zimbabwe that means no duty a tv like the one i want to buy costs here if you can find one any where from 4500 Us to 5500 Us thats more then the 1900 us im getting it for isnt so any ways south africa prices are also way to high calculated costs from SA are about 27 000 Rands divide by 6.5 to get us figure thats 4100 us so im saving and even if it breaks i send it back to uk for repairs and send it back im still saving 2000 Us soooo.
    Any ways hitachi seems to be best buy from previous advice posts the hitachi 32" 7200 seems like a really good buy best picture and quality was thinking of using www.pricerunner.co.uk to source the best cost can any one else help with a better price was going to get it for 1190 Pounds.
    Thanks once again