1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thomson or Philips 28"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by oxygenuk, Dec 11, 2004.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    :lesson: Im starting to look up on a new widescreen 28" already as im going to start saving from a couple of weeks onwards. ive noticed this thomson http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/453_203963.html which is probably my 2nd option at the moment because i currently seeking two, but my best option at the moment is this philips http://www2.easibuy.com/?action=showdetail&sid=pyxyymq2r53wevliy16i9jd&prod_id=286518 which seems quite hot :D and know philips are one of the best for picture not so sure about sound but dont care about that because when i watch tv/dvd always listening to that stuff through the receiver. but as it states it has virtual dolby anyway, im lookin to spend an amount between these two tv's so low 200's and high 200's would be my low and max, any help appreciated.

also do you guys think the philips will be avaliable mid next year? is this philips new product range or old? thanks

2. MattLFC

MattLFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ive got the Thomson 28WH403S, which is pretty much the same model as that but with a few extra features and 100Hz refresh rate.

I have had two of them and both of them have had various similar stains on the screen.

Also, from reading around these forums, this seems to be a common problem with Thomson televisions, indeed some users have had as many as 3 all with the same fault.

My latest set will be getting sent back on Tuesday and I will be getting either a Panasonic or a JVC. The Thomsons picture quality is amazing, but its a real pain when you have to box it all up again to have it replaced/collected if you are unhappy, especially so near to Christmas. And I had a nightmare trying to get Comet to accept this was a fault with the Television.

I would not recommend Thomson at the moment, other then the fact if you do get a good one, the picture quality is truely awsome.

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Unfortunately, that can be said about a lot of manufacturers!

No matter how good the design, they all seem to have extremely variable Quality Control.

So Oxygenuk, rather than recommend a particular tv, I would suggest you first choose a Dealer who's prepared to keep swapping sets until you get a good'n.

Otherwise, you'll just be trusting to luck! :nono:

4. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    been lookin around a bit more this morning and come accross the JVC AV28GT1S and Samsung WS28M064N, any of you guys know about these 2, either of them any good?