1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thomson Lyra PDP2840 Problem, Please Help

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Scott UK, May 11, 2005.

1. Scott UK

Scott UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Lyra jukebox is only about 2 months old and was working fine until a few days ago.

Now the thing wont turn on, it freezes on the 'Thomson Lyra' screen and just stays like that for 10-15 mins then turns off.

I tried upgrading the firmware but the computer wont recognise the player anymore :-(

Does anyone know how to fix this? :lease:

Thanks in advance

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,058
    If it just happened on it's own I would get in touch with the place you bought it from and ask them about a replacement. You didn't format it from Windows did you as that can screw up a lot of mp3 players ?

3. Scott UK

Scott UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i formatted my computer once, but im sure it was working after i formatted the comp.

But yeah it happnened on its own, one day it just wouldnt turn on (after a long time not using it)

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,058
    As long as you didn't format the MP3 player then you haven't damaged anything so can send it back. Do they have a technical support line that you can ring ?

5. Scott UK

Scott UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No i havnt formatted the player, i had a look on the site and i cant find a support number.