1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THOMSON LCD television 16/9 32" 32LB120S4

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DFind, Jun 5, 2005.

1. DFind

DFind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Does anyone own a THOMSON LCD tv 32" (80 cm) 32LB120S4? If so, how do you rate it? (picture quality, sound quality etc)

I've been trying to find reviews but not been sucessful. Any info would be great.

Thanks David

2. Zagge

Zagge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I had the "little brother" 27'' and in many senses a very good tv set ...
    Usability, aspect ratio modes etc were "perfect". Connectivity semi OK at least for me, I connected it also to PC with VGA, achieving 1:1 pixel mapping at 1280x720.

The disappointing part for me was the picture quality with darker colors, and especially the color fades. It seemed as if the TV can display too few colors at the dark end. Don't know if this is a common problem still. Returned the set because got tired of the uneven colors.

BR
    Zag

3. DFind

DFind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks zag. Maybe I'll give that one a miss.

4. DFind

DFind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks zag. I'll maybe give that one a miss.

5. Italights

Italights

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still have the 27" version and it has great picture quality - maybe you had the backlight on low or normal. It needs to be on bright. If you look at the reviews for the 27" yuo'll find the concensus is that it has a great picture. The 32" on the other hand doesn't get great reviews

6. Zagge

Zagge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I tried with every possible backlight , contrast and brightness setting ;)
    I also know someone else who returned the set, after me hinting about this issue, though.
    It is not always visible with TV broadcast but for example by making a PassMark monitor test with PC plugged in VGA, the issue can be noticed very well, and it is the worst in white-black fade test picture.

Maybe I just looked at the picture too carefully ;)

Zag

7. HuwieHex

HuwieHex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought a 32LB120S4U at Makro last week for £822.49. The manual isn't all that great and the remote control is basic, but I am very happy with the receiver overall. It doesn't have DVI or HDMI but it does have component inputs and I am looking forward to watching Sky HDTV on it later this year. I was watching Wimbledon yesterday afternoon on Freeview and the picture quality was excellent, with no smearing or motion artefacts. It also comes complete with a wall-mounting kit but I have placed it on my Stilexo glass stand. After a week of living with the Thomson, I am very happy with it.

8. Italights

Italights

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have found it my 27" thomson very good as regards lack of motion blur. I'll do this "PassMark monitor test" if I can find what it is. My pc is hooked up through the DVI.

9. Xiretal

Xiretal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this 32LB120S4 accepts full 1366x768 resolution from DVI connector when using PC?