Thomson HD BOX won't turn on

blueraven

Hi,Been reading through but not sure about my options or a solution TBH....
Got up this morning to find my HD BOX on stand-by but unable to wake it up...
unplugged it as i usually do when things go awry,left it 30 seconds and plugged it back in,waited 2 minutes....nothing....
tried again when i got home...still nothing
Tried unplugging,pressing back up,turn back on to force download it went through the process BUT still no joy at the end...
One thing i have noticed is when i turn it on from being unplugged is after about 10 seconds after plugging it in i hear i "meeeep"...."meeep"...."meeeep" noise coming from the unit...i'm wondering if this has any relevance to the problem...
Anyone out there know my next course of action or things to try as there's no-way i'm paying SKY for call out if i can get away with it.....
Thanks

Chriselec

Standard Member
I also have the same proplem as above, left unit unplugged for an hour, plugged it back on and it worked for a short time and now it has locked itself up and I cant change channels. Please help.

nickjwilliams

Standard Member
Had a similar problem a week or so back with my HD box (almost 2 years old now), and tried all the usual things and what was recommended on the selfhelp on their web pages - i.e. power off (at mains socket), disconnect dish feeds, disconnect HDMI, SCART etc. Still no joy so looked up support number thinking of 0870 expensive (national, not premium rate) support, only to find that they are now on a 0844 (local rate) number! Guy was very helpful and didn't just go through a script - he actually listened, and then suggested that when power was off, to disconnect HDMI from tv, wait, replace, and then power all back up. Word of caution here - make sure your tv is OFF - not on or on standby, have heard some nasty stories! Ayway this worked for me - hope it does for you!

NickW

SamRadford

One thing i have noticed is when i turn it on from being unplugged is after about 10 seconds after plugging it in i hear i "meeeep"...."meeep"...."meeeep" noise coming from the unit.

Sounds like (excuse pun) the usual power supply problem. Replace or repair the PSU.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom