Thomson Freeview to Sanyo Z3 - Which connection ?

dmjohnson123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a Thomson DTI1000 freeview box with RGB Scart Output.

I want to occasionally connect this up to my new Sanyo Z3 projector for the occasional movie/sports event etc.

This would be only occasional use and therefore I can't justify spending a lot of money on converter boxes etc.

I need advice on what is my best option in terms of a relatively cheap cable to go from RGB scart to either component/S-video/VGA.

The cable would be 5m long so what connection method and cable should I buy ?

Thanks in advance for your help :smashin:

Thanks for your quick response cozypowell :thumbsup:

This scart to component looks like a quality cable.

Is this my best bet picture quality wise aswell ?

Thanks in advance,

David

Has anyone else done Scart to Component. This website http://www.theavguide.co.uk/view_page.php?page=16 says you can'd do Scart to component but Cozypowell found a cable, will it work ?

This S-video to Scart cable is another option (as long as it works Scart to S Video - bi-directional ?). http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/...-500-s-video-2-rca-into-scart-5m/display.html

Would Scart to S-video give a much reduced picture quality compared with Scart to Component (if it works) ????

I'm now more confused than ever :confused: Please put me out of my misery

Thought I'd complete this post for the benefit of anyone stumbling upon it when searching.

In the end I've gone for an RGB Scart to VGA 5m long cable from www.keene.co.uk.

The part number is SBB94S (wired for Sanyo) and cost me £34.99 plus a couple of quid postage.

Received it yesterday and watched Rainman on ITV 3 on Freeview.

The picture quality looked very good , I still need to play with the settings on the Z3 to get the best out of the freeview connection but I am very pleased with the first viewing :) .

I needed to set the Computer input to RGB Scart to get an image on the Z3.

As a low cost means of connecting Freeview to a Z3 I'd well recommend it :thumbsup: .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom