Thomson DVB 160 auto channel change

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by surefire, Jun 16, 2009.

1. surefire

surefire
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Thomson DVB with a 160 GB hd. When I first bought it, it would automatically change My Sony tv to the digi channel when switched on. But now it only does it 20% of the time. I have to get the TV remote and change the AV channel from there. It seems like the auto detect works intermittently. Could it have something to do with the buggy software in the box? has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Have you checked the SCART lead?

This info from Satcure may help
    SatCure satellite scart peritel lead connection plug FAQ

"A Scart system works by detecting 12 volts on pin 8. In other words, if, say, the VCR is ON then it puts 12 volts on pin 8 to tell the TV "here I am - look at me". Likewise the Sky Digibox does the same. if it's ON it invites the TV or VCR to look at it by putting 12 volts on pin 8 (or 6 volts if widescreen transmission).

Obviously, if you have more than one piece of equipment running at any one time, they will be fighting for attention. The answer is to switch one off or to disconnect pin 8 and select it manually ("AV in") when required."