THOMSON DTH7000 and SKY DIGIBOX

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Donnchadh, Nov 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Donnchadh

Donnchadh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone managed to get these two to work together?

I've tried the IR cable supplied with the DTH - but can't get a "code" that operates my Sony 750.

I've also tried using a Bluedelta "Phantom" - it operated the Sony - but I couldn't get it to operate the DTH.

I can of course set them up as independent "boxes" to switch on and record - but I'd really love to get the "Phantom" working!

2. 1_2_no

1_2_no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the ir rc will ony work with non digital satelite (the old system).
    Set-up AV2 to other - it will then pick sky digital up.

3. Donnchadh

Donnchadh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - I'm really grateful. However,I'm not quite sure how to make use of your tip. Could you give more details - of which digibox scarts to use, which interconnects, etc?

As I said in the first posting, what I'd really like to do is set up the BlueDelta "Phantom" so that I can record just by setting the Autoview on my digibox. I have discovered (by trial and error) that if I put the Phantom on the Video output of the digibox, and into AV2 on the DTH7000, then the digibox comes on (as is to be expected), the DTH comes on, shows "menu" - but then turns off again. The challenge is to find a way of getting the DTH to switch to its digibox input, then start recording.

I'll continue experimenting, but any further information would be greatly appreciated!