1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thomson Dt 12300

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by huw, Aug 20, 2004.

1. huw

huw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My father in law has recently purchased a Thomson DT 12300 digi box. He has found great difficulty in reading the instructions within the manual which appear to be very vague in nature.

He has had a number of problems so far, :rolleyes: the two main ones being:-

1. When he changes from one channel to another he gets a message which reads something along the lines of " data loading" before the picture appears a few seconds later.

2. There seems to be no facility for selecting programmes from the EPG and transferring that information to any type of timer list. In fact the EPG seems to be little more use than getting the "radio times".

Has anybody else purchased one of these boxes, if so can you shed any light on these problems.

Thanks

2. raydawson

raydawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes, I've noticed this. I'm not sure why, but presumed it was something to do with Interactive. It also happens when you switch to a channel with a placeholder caption - ie BBC 3 when it's not broadcasting.

There isn't any way of using the EPG. When you select the channel you can select it from the global list or favourites, but it doesn't take the time from there.

The other problem I have found is that, when selecting a channel with two digits, it is very quick to switch to the channel of the first digit - ie selcting 40 switches to 4 very quickly, before I have time to press the 0.

Ray D