Thomson Digibox sound problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by housey, Mar 8, 2004.

1. housey

housey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have an intermittent problem with a Thomson freeview box.
    Its hooked up to my Phillips tv but every now and then there is a static 'crackle' that drops the TV volume right down and after a few seconds the volume will return to its orginal level.
    Has anyone had this issue before ?? im just worried it might blow my tv speakers.

Thanks

:(

2. morphy

morphy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like it could be interferance problem, are you using good quality screened cable,

does it happend when thermostat cuts in ie fridge, heating etc whats your signal say, good bad indifferent..

need some more details mate:smashin:

3. housey

housey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Must admit its one of those freebie Scart leads that cost about £5 from a store.
    The signal is ok, its better than the normal transmission signal , but its a pixel+ tv which suffers from the normal complaints.
    Doesnt seem to happen when the thermostat cuts in, obviously its worth upgrading the scart, anything you would recommend ?

Another question though , is it worth having the digibox on the RGB port rather than the dvd ? does RGB make that much difference for DVD ?

Cheers

4. morphy

morphy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry mate wasnt actually talking about scart cable i was actually talking about the downlead that actually feeds your box,

it may be worth upgrading you scart anyway to cambridge audio not too expensive:laugh:

Need some more details about your aerial location, cable etc:smashin:

As for rgb yes i does make a difference i presume you watch freeview more than dvd so would suggest you keep that connected or could always get a switchable scart splitter and have both running through that for rgb