Thomson Digibox problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by MLAM, Nov 30, 2004.

1. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Hi guys

I have a Thomson Sky Digital Box, i dont have the model number on me at the moment but i'll describe the problem.

I set the "Secondary Device output" as 4:3L and that output is plugged into my VCR, however when i go to my VCR's Scart channel, the image appears as 16:9 Stretched and no matter what setting i change it to, it stays like that.

Anyone know what the problem maybe?

My TV is the new JVC 36" with Prog Scan (P36 something) but if i remember correctly it showed up ok on my old 4:3 Sony

Hope someone can help me

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    The secondary aspect ration is only controlled via the TVLink device, if it doesn't reveive a signal from that device it doesn't switch the ratio so you stay on the primary ratio which I guess is 16:9 for your w/s telly?

3. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Yep, my JVC is a 16:9 W/S.

Its plugged into EXT-3 at the moment as Sky and DVD have taken up 1 and 2, as those 2 sockets take RGB.

So there isn't much I can do then?

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I am assuming the problem is digibox related and not the result of picture options in the VCR or the TV itself:)

The VCR is being fed video via RF at the ratio of the primary setting which is 16:9 hence the distorted picture, I would assume if you fed it a picture set at 4:3 then the vcr would pass through the same ratio to the TV which would then either default to a 4:3 with pillar boxes or auto stretch the image to fill the screen.

Come to think of it the problem might indeed be down to how the TV is reacting to the VCR output and not an issue as such with the digibox setting if as you say you have tried different ratios.