Thomson/Amstrad Digibox advice urgently required.

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by bazzae123, Jan 21, 2005.

1. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a replacement for my Panasonic TU-DSB30 sent tomorrow (Saturday) and have been given the choice between a Thomson or Amstrad. Can anybody please advice on which model to go for and do you know what the current model numbers are. I have been really impressed with the old Panasonic and wondered if any of two mentioned can live up to it.

Bazza

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who told you that you had a choice of box? It all depends on whet the installer has got on the van. Anyway, the current Amstrad is the DX400, and the Thomson is the DSI412.

3. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bluevanman, Actually the Sky engineer who phoned me up to arrange the delivery time told what choose I had. Anyway I went for the Thomson DSI4224 and I must say I quite impressed. The picture and sound actually appear to be better than on the Panasonic. The only problem I have now is it doesn't work on Scart 2 of my TV. Its a know problem with the version 2 Pixel+ from Philips. My old Panasonic wouldn't work on Scart 1. Having two pieces of RGB kit it means a call back to Philips and try and get it shorted.

Bazza