Thomson 7000e

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by spannerman, Jul 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. spannerman

spannerman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: Hi all, this is my first posting to this forum, and probably a pretty basic request. I have just purchased from a workmate a Thomson 7000e machine, is there anything specific I need to know about the workings of it, or any gliches that may occur? I see that there is a USB socket at the front, but does this work both ways, or does it just read memory cards? I am pretty impressed with the picture quality, I have previously only been used to using a video recorder. :thumbsup:

2. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi spannerman, I assume you're talking about the DTH7000e DVD player and hard drive recorder.

This is a great piece of kit as long as you're aware of a software problem with it which can be easily overcome.

Just remember that when you use the usefull and very friendly naviclick programming system to record programs on BBC1 & BBC2 you must manually rename them, if you don't the program will seem to be recording OK but will not be on the hard disk when the recording has finished.

The reason for this is that BBC use forward slashes as seperators in the title and the 7000e software has problems with it, ITV & Ch4 don't use forward slashes and work fine with naviclick.

The only other problem I had was an irritating vibration from the cooling fan at the rear of the unit which resulted in an intermittent high pitched whine.

I took the top off the 7000e, unscrewed the fan retaining screws, moved the fan away from the chassis, placed small rubber O rings over the screws between the fan and chassis then replaced the fan, this resulted in total lack of vibration and it's associated noises.

I use my 7000e with an H30 projector and I find it records SKY programs easily up to and perhaps even better than DVD quality.

Enjoy, MikeD