1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THOMSON 44JW613S does anyone own one

Discussion in 'TVs' started by skanders, Dec 16, 2004.

1. skanders

skanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im thinking about buying this Thomson 44JW613S RPTV from currys for a cracking £699.99 plus a 10% discount which will make it £624 which is a bargain,

but the question is I am a bit concerned after reading everything on this site about RPTVs but from what i read about thomson RPTVS is very positive,

I know to stay away from toshiba RPTVS as they seem to be very messy indeed can anyone or does anyone own the THOMSON RPTV such as the 44JW613S or any other THOMSON RPTV what are your honest opinions pros and cons cos i dont want to make a mistake in buying one "what would you recommend".

thanks.

2. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That is definitely a bargain, i paid £999 for my 40KW613 in January.
    Main reason for the price is that CRT RPTVs are a dying breed, being replaced by DLP Rearpros, which doesn't mean they are bad.
    In my opinion they are unbeatable in the value for money category at the mo.
    I can't fault my Thomson, granted i had to do a service level convergence but after bedding in everything is fine. PQ is outstanding, vibrant colours, crisp picture no worries.
    Thomson and Toshiba both recommended an engineer coming out at delivery and install the things, but they don't do that anymore since the prices have come down this far, so you will most likely end up doing the convergence adjustment yourself, it's easily done though.
    Your convergence will most definitely be out when the set is delivered due to the movement/rattling in the van, give it some time to bed in and only adjust it via the user menu (three crosshairs).
    After two or three weeks if it's still out do a service level convergence and you should have no further problems.

I can honestly say i prefer it to any 36'' CRT, bigger screen, far less weight,
    doesn't stick out from the wall so much and the PQ is about the same.

If you are interested i can post a digi cam piccie with the set switched on.

3. skanders

skanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes if you could please

thanks,

4. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I tried pics this morning, i'm afaraid they look rubbish lol.
    I had the flash on and you can't see any picture because of the bright flashin the middle of the screen, i turned the flash off picture gets dark and fuzzy, looks rubbish as well, mind you that's either my bad photo skills or my camera, not the TV.
    Well i can assure you DVD looks great, Sky looks well as good as sky can look with their low bitrates on a big screen.