Thomson 32WS23U - Error codes. HELP!

PeteIvy

Hi guys

Recently my 8 yr old trusty Thomson CRT decided it wasn't going to work anymore. (Which gave me a good excuse to get a nice new LCD:thumbsup: ) When I try and turn the thomson on, it tries a couple of times and then the standby light flashes. 7 times and then twice. Now I know this means something, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find what it means. Thomson don't seem to want to reply to my emails, so I was wondering if any of you guys know what the 7 and then 2 flashes mean. Is the tv repairable?

TIA

Pete

JayCee

Distinguished Member
PeteIvy said:
Hi guys

Recently my 8 yr old trusty Thomson CRT decided it wasn't going to work anymore. (Which gave me a good excuse to get a nice new LCD:thumbsup: ) When I try and turn the thomson on, it tries a couple of times and then the standby light flashes. 7 times and then twice. Now I know this means something, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find what it means. Thomson don't seem to want to reply to my emails, so I was wondering if any of you guys know what the 7 and then 2 flashes mean. Is the tv repairable?

TIA

Pete
Those error codes usually mean the Line Output Transformer is faulty in that ICC17 chassis model.
A replacement including labour would be around £70.00-£120.00.

PeteIvy

Excellent. Thankyou. I'll probably just bin it then, unless anybody wants it for spares?

Pete

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom